Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

LED lightbbar mount

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 10:46 PM
Starting Member
Dolanjohn1990 is on a distinguished road
Default LED lightbbar mount

Has anyone mounted a light bar on their blazer? Noone makes one and id like to keep it simple.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:11 PM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

Most people I've seen just drill into the roof

Old 06-14-2015, 01:19 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I'd mount it to the front crossbar myself. It's not what I did on mine, but mine wasn't an LED bar.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:59 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Been trying to find something myself

Old 06-27-2015, 12:21 PM
Beginning Member
theususalsuspect is on a distinguished road

hey all i know im new here but ive been tossing around the idea of making more of these i have a 50 inch curved light bar that i made brackets for have had it mounted on the truck for almost a year now with no issues. wondering what kind of interest there would be if i started selling them?

can provide more pics if theres interest this is the best one i have from this winter

Old 06-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Beginning Member
esquire is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by theususalsuspect
hey all i know im new here but ive been tossing around the idea of making more of these i have a 50 inch curved light bar that i made brackets for have had it mounted on the truck for almost a year now with no issues. wondering what kind of interest there would be if i started selling them?

can provide more pics if theres interest this is the best one i have from this winter
That looks bad *** bro. I've been looking for something like that as well nice to see it done. If you decided to sell them I would definitely buy it. Also where did you get the front bumper

Old 06-27-2015, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Is that Roberts old truck?

Old 06-27-2015, 01:22 PM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

Would it fit a 50" straight bar as well?

Old 06-27-2015, 01:48 PM
Beginning Member
theususalsuspect is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Is that Roberts old truck?
yes it is! i got your pm but cant reply i must have to have so many post before i can send pm's or something. i bought it then put a used trans in it after i went through it and put a new filter, converter and corvette servo in have done a couple little things to the truck but stopped there as i dont know anywhere to go off roading around here so ive been on the fence about keeping it

Originally Posted by esquire
That looks bad *** bro. I've been looking for something like that as well nice to see it done. If you decided to sell them I would definitely buy it. Also where did you get the front bumper
the front bumper was on it when i bought it so sorry not sure of its origin, but good to know that you would be interested in a set of brackets. Hopefully i can get a little interest spun up for a few sets so it will be worth it for me to make and sell as it would be alot easier to make them if i had a press brake and a couple other metal working tools. to make more of them quickly/repeatably as well as be able to start making other project ideas for these trucks/suv's become reality.

Originally Posted by lazyboyjake
Would it fit a 50" straight bar as well?
not sure if the pair i made for myself would fit, it would depend on the dimensions of the bar but it wouldn't be much harder to make up some longer ones to space the bar further from the window itself. that said honestly the curved bar i have follows the curve of the windshield so well that the bar is able to be tucked nice and tight so its more aesthetically pleasing at least to me as well as i dont have the issue of getting wind noise whistling through the cooling fins of the light bar that i've seen plague other trucks.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:06 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

I`d take a set also

Quick Reply: LED lightbbar mount