Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

LED lightbbar mount

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 06:46 PM
Starting Member
Dolanjohn1990 is on a distinguished road

If you could get some up close pics of them and how they mount that would be greatly appreciated!

Old 07-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Beginning Member
theususalsuspect is on a distinguished road

so ill work on getting pics in the next day or 2 as i have been riding my motorcycle to work the last couple weeks and have since misplaced my truck key, so i cant open the door and take pics of the mounting location lol. I designed the brackets to emulate those that i have seen for other trucks. The brackets are made from 3/16" steel and mount via three Riv-Nuts installed into the inner "A" pillar under the weatherstriping. the only other modification needed is to the aluminum strip that the retains the weather stripping about 3 inches need to be trimmed off with no side affect of any leaks or anything of the sort. after i shape the brackets they are coated in bedliner. the tool i have to install the riv nuts is $40 to buy so ill either rent it for the cost of shipping or see if i can figure out a way to mount the Riv-Nuts without it via a screw and washers. as far as cost goes based of the price of other truck brackets that go for $160+ as well as these take me quite a few hours of my time to make plus materials, i'd be asking $105 shipped in the US which would include the brackets and mounting hardware. aside from more detailed pics in the next couple days what are everyones thoughts? i would post up a thread in the for sale section once im ready here soon and i would only take one order at a time till i felt i could handle more if that time ever came.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:33 PM
Beginning Member

oh and the light bar i use is this one it's the same as the rough country one but straight from the supplier for half the cost can be gotten off of ebay uses cree leds

Totron 50" DC Series Curved 288w 23040 Lumens LED Light Bar TLB3288X

Old 07-08-2015, 10:19 PM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

Like I said, I will definitely keep this in mind, but funds are low and I have other things to buy for my truck first. Don't count me out, just not in right now.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Beginning Member

not a problem. When i start making them i imagine it being slow going at first till i get a system going biggest thing i want to accomplish is see if the $100 is a fair price point for them to everyone. Obviously we all like things that are cheaper myself included, but i need to make it worth the many hours it takes me to get these made that are taken away from spending time with my family as my career takes a lot of it as it is. if anyone is wanting to have the first set i plan on trying to get a set done this weekend.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:40 PM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

Any updates with this project?

Old 08-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Beginning Member

still planning on doing it just haven't had the time and my schedule is getting tighter as my detailing business on the side is taking off (good for me but wasn't expecting it to happen so quickly) ill see if i can get a set done this weekend and will update here

Old 08-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Beginning Member

ran out of gas for my torch this weekend going to pick up some more this week and finish up a set of brakets this weekend

Old 08-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Sturg is on a distinguished road

I'd be down for a set once I get my truck running.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:48 PM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

Any updates?

Quick Reply: LED lightbbar mount