Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

LED Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 09:07 AM
Beginning Member
packrat1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LED Lighting

Hello,

I'm not sure if anyone is still reading the post at the head of this forum concerning interior LED lighting. No replies in a couple of days for a 2013 thread, so I'm reposting here....

Thogert provided a semi-detailed inventory of what LEDs might be needed to replace the various interior incandescent bulbs in our Blazers. Unfortunately his post raises more questions for me than it answers.

When he is referring to 3mm, 4mm, and 5mm LEDs, just what dimension is that? The diameter of the Neo-Wedge socket? The diameter of the lamp? The length of the lamp? I have measured all of the dimensions on the bulbs and sockets that came out of my '99 Blazer's driver door switch assembly (power windows/door lock, etc) with a digital micrometer, and none of the numbers are close. In addition, the switch assembly houses more than one size bulb. Its been too long since I pulled the assembly off the door to see what size went where.

Thanks for any info you can provide...

packrat

Old 03-28-2014, 04:47 PM
CPLSeraphim is on a distinguished road

Keep in mind you are going from regular bulbs to LED. They will measure different sizes. I am doing this soon myself. What you are looking for is the bulb number... T-XX and I believe the Neo-wedge. Thogert seems to be the LED GURU. lol.

I just looked and if you search 3mm Neowedge, you get the right bulbs... 3 mm is T1, 4-5mm is T1.75.

I would also maybe send a personal message as well.