Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

LED Upgrade/No Hazards

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 10:28 PM
dlamb0726 is on a distinguished road
Default LED Upgrade/No Hazards

So I upgraded my brake/tail lights and all four turn signals to LED bulbs. My front marker lights are still Incandescent bulbs. I purchased a turn signal flasher that was both LED and incandescent compatible but now my turn signals only work if the hazard switch is in the ON position and I have no Hazards at all now. Is this a fuse? And where is the hazard flasher I didn't see it beside the turn signal flasher. I have a 2002 blazer LS 4wd 2 door

Last edited by dlamb0726; 12-19-2018 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Add vehicle info
Old 12-20-2018, 07:07 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I added LED Flasher and changed the rear bulbs to LED's no problem. But, when I added the front LED's I had the same issue as you. I added LED resistors to the front L/R turn signals and all lights work correctly. I spliced in the resistors behind the front bumper and secured with body molding double sided tape. You need the LED flasher and LED resistors.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:32 AM
dlamb0726 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mr.vls
I added LED Flasher and changed the rear bulbs to LED's no problem. But, when I added the front LED's I had the same issue as you. I added LED resistors to the front L/R turn signals and all lights work correctly. I spliced in the resistors behind the front bumper and secured with body molding double sided tape. You need the LED flasher and LED resistors.
Thank you! I will try this

Old 12-21-2018, 06:40 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

When I did LED's all around I had to put resistors on the front as well to restore function.

Do NOT put resistors in the rear. The turn signal circuit in the rear is also the brake light circuit, so if you're on the brakes for more than 5-10 seconds those resistors get EXTREMELY hot, they're only meant for momentary pulsing like turn signal flashing.

I didn't use an actual LED rated flasher though, I modified the stock flasher by cutting and lifting a leg on an IC on the inside.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighti...-insane-71527/

Old 07-05-2021, 02:49 PM
Starting Member
05blazerr is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mr.vls
Hey,

sorry I've struggled to find more info on the resistor placement, may i ask if you have a photo or some more insights?

I also did all led, but the front turns don't blink when I put led in them. I do have a new flasher relay for LED. If I put resistors in will that fix this issue?

Thanks !!