Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Multiple Electrical Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 10:05 AM
Beginning Member
Blazer4wd is on a distinguished road
Default Multiple Electrical Problems

Reaching my breaking point. I believe I have some electrical issues with my truck. The brake light comes on and off while driving (not blinking), the speedometer jumps all over the place, and randomly after the lights coming on and off the truck seems to not want to shift gears. It starts roaring and riding rough. Any ideas?

Old 07-28-2018, 01:18 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Rather than just the one word, 'Help', as a thread title, I have edited it to tell members why you are posting. It usually helps with getting replies.

Old 07-30-2018, 04:24 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

With: "brake light comes on and off" to you intend the rear brake lights or the CHECK BRAKES light or the PARKING BRAKE light in the dash?

If i do correctly interpret you do not have an issue with your external lights but it's all related to the dash and behavior of the drivetrain electronics.

Could be an indication of a ground issue. Give us the details I'm sure someone else is jumping in soon.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:55 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by rriddle3
Rather than just the one word, 'Help', as a thread title, I have edited it to tell members why you are posting. It usually helps with getting replies.
Thank you 😊

Old 07-31-2018, 08:57 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by error_401
With: "brake light comes on and off" to you intend the rear brake lights or the CHECK BRAKES light or the PARKING BRAKE light in the dash?

If i do correctly interpret you do not have an issue with your external lights but it's all related to the dash and behavior of the drivetrain electronics.

Could be an indication of a ground issue. Give us the details I'm sure someone else is jumping in soon.
Yes it's the parking brake light. The dash is where I see all the issues. Lights coming on then on after I take off.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:49 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Is it only the speedometer behaving that way or other gauges as well?

Starts to seem like a VSS isue. Could throw any kind of problems with shifting as the gearbox does no longer know at what speed it is. It could also mess up the TCC activation.

Now that we have narrowed it down we would need to know with what vehicle we are dealing:

Make: (Chevy, GMC, Olds)
Model: (Blazer, Jimmy, Bravada)
Year:
Transmission: (Auto i guess from the description)
2WD or 4WD