Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Need help on replacing my FULL Head Light Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 10:09 PM
Starting Member
The rebel is on a distinguished road
Default Need help on replacing my FULL Head Light Assembly

This is the part I need to know about. I ain’t got a clue of what this is called

Hey guys. First time I’ve ever been on here but I need some help. I’ve got a 1999 4-Door 4x4 Chevy Blazer LT and what happened was is that I hit a deer on my driver side headlight and it broke all the plastic parts that the head lamp assembly would hook up to. So I need to know what that part is called so I can fully replace everything. Thanks.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:43 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by The rebel

This is the part I need to know about. I ain’t got a clue of what this is called

Hey guys. First time I’ve ever been on here but I need some help. I’ve got a 1999 4-Door 4x4 Chevy Blazer LT and what happened was is that I hit a deer on my driver side headlight and it broke all the plastic parts that the head lamp assembly would hook up to. So I need to know what that part is called so I can fully replace everything. Thanks.
Its just called the headlamp assembly.
You can get one at a parts yard cheap and easy. Theres not but two plastic retaining tabs you pull up and that whole deal comes right out.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:09 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Yeah, GreenBlazer is correct.
Once you get a new head light (salvage yard or eBay has some cool aftermarket ones), there are two "pillars" on the back that stick into slots that hold it up. (You can see them in your second pic.) Can be kind of a pain sometimes to get it back in.
Also remember to check and adjust your headlamp's vertical/horizontal field before taking it out for the night.