Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Need some help identifying wires

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Beginning Member
4thgenceli is on a distinguished road
Default Need some help identifying wires

From This thread I thought my VSS and/or wiring for the VSS failed. on the 94 4.3'w' t10 blazer.

Turns out I was right. Checking codes I have code 24 twice (flashes '12' three times, then '24' twice) stating VSS or circuitry failed.

Getting under the passenger side of the dash, I see this.

Those two wires are just hanging out. I don't know if they were at once connected to each other or to something else. I can't seem to find any other loose wires under there (as both of these wires go back over towards the driver side of the dash leading me to believe they were cut/something over on the passenger side where I'm digging).

Looking over the wiring diagram for the VSS circuit, I have this diagram.

Now I am partially color blind, but dragging my wife out to look with me those two loose wires appear to be the pink/white (#350) from the speed sensor buffer to the brake fuse box on the passenger side and the brown wire (437) from the vss buffer signal to the vehicle speed sensor buffer.

Now, as seen in these picture...

I am holding a connector with one wires. One wire goes to the white unit on the bottom of the PCM and the other to the main loom on the other side.

I think (if you are still with me) that the white thing on the bottom of the PCM is the vehicle speed sensor buffer. On top of that, I think that wire that is cut needs to connect to that unit somehow and that will correct my VSS circuitry problem.

Any advise or assistance/guidance here? Am I somewhat close? I've attached the page I'm using for the wiring diagram if that will help. Trying to get this thing running right (and shifting properly) so I can start driving the darn thing.

Attached Thumbnails Need some help identifying wires-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by 4thgenceli; 03-05-2011 at 07:35 PM.