Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

New Door Sets Off Alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Beginning Member
cpdavngr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Door Sets Off Alarm?

I searched around the forum but I think this is a unique problem...

I have a 2001 Chevy Blazer LT.

I recently replaced the passenger side door with a 2002 LS door using the old door's interior and mirror.

After locking the doors with the power locks (which sets the alarm) and closing everything up, if I open the new passenger side door with the key (manually) and then hit the power unlock button on it to unlock the other doors, the alarm goes off.

This does not happen on the driver side door. This also did not happen on the old door.

All electrical connections were made by just unplugging and replugging in the wiring harnesses.

My key fob broke and I haven't replaced it yet as I can just use the power locks to set the alarm.

Not quite sure how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Capey

Old 03-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If the donor door did not have the switch in the latch, it could cause this to occur. It sounds like your truck has the content theft deterrent system and the donor did not which would mean that the donor did not have the switch in the latch to tell the BCM that the door was being unlocked properly. The electrical connections may have been the same just with a few wires missing.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Beginning Member
cpdavngr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm.., okay, I'll take a look at the wires and see if I can find any that don't match up. I'll also compare the latch mechanisms as well and see if I can find that switch. Is the switch visible?

Originally Posted by swartlkk
If the donor door did not have the switch in the latch, it could cause this to occur. It sounds like your truck has the content theft deterrent system and the donor did not which would mean that the donor did not have the switch in the latch to tell the BCM that the door was being unlocked properly. The electrical connections may have been the same just with a few wires missing.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The switch is inside the door.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:54 PM
droidxusa is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I'm having the same problem guys, but we reused all the parts from the old door, just replaced the door shell.

Here's the link to my post,
https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighti...locking-57155/

Hope this helps resolve both of our alarm door lock & alarm ghosting issue, as always thank you swartlkk for your suggestions, you are the man as far as I'm concerned!!!

Peace!