Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

No Electrical power anywhere

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 11:11 PM
Beginning Member
Chlorin8ed is on a distinguished road
Default No Electrical power anywhere

My daughter got into her 98 blazer. Dome lights came on, she adjusted her electric seat, etc. Key in the ignition, turn it, lights lite up and EVERYTHING went dead. No lights, no power any where....
I didn't take a volt meter out to it yet, but my 12v light lights up at the battery. I tried to see if there is power to the under hood fuse block. It does not seem to have power there at the stud. None of the fuses (ignition) are blown. Is there an inline fuse or relay between the battery and the fuse block? Any other suggestions or ideas?

Old 03-19-2016, 05:28 AM
Starting Member
donald_archer is on a distinguished road

I have a 98 with a side post battery. Same thing happens to me.One of my Blazer's little quirks is that especially during cold weather the negative battery terminal kind of loosens up on its own. Happened to me 2x this winter. Not loose enough to come off or anything just enough to cause a problem. Check the 2 terminals while you are at it it is an easy fix.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:47 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks Archer... i am pretty sure that is not the problem. But it never hurts to double check....
I dd read something about a mega fuse: but can not find out any info on replacement or where you can buy it, if that is the problem. Can anyone shed a lite on a mega fuse???

Old 03-19-2016, 08:23 AM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Under the battery tray is a 175 amp Mega Fuse. Everything electrical goes through the fuse, with one exception: the main starter cable is not fused. The fuse holder can corrode and grow some nice green fuzzies on it. Remove the battery and the tray, take the fuse out and clean the connections.

Old 03-19-2016, 02:11 PM
Beginning Member

thanks for info Hook, never heard of that.
But I fixed it. Archer was very close. The negative cable bolt was cross threaded, so when I wiggle it, it was tight, then all of sudden it was loose. Thanks everyone

Old 03-19-2016, 02:15 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Ahhh yes, that would do it! Good job, thanks for posting back. Might not be a bad idea to at least check the Mega Fuse. A crappy connection there could leave your daughter stranded too