Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

no power to ignition or cluster

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday | 01:16 PM
|
Starting Member
Rspara is on a distinguished road
Default no power to ignition or cluster

I have a 1999 Blazer 4x4, there was recently a hurricane and it ended up being flooded, I pulled plugs drained all fluids out of everything including full tank of gas and the was trying to get the truck to start and it would turn over start and run rough, after a few tries of getting it to run after getting everything back together and new fluids in letting it dry out for two days it no longer has power to the ignition or dash cluster, my airbag light is the only thing that's will come on on the cluster. radio dome lights windows door locks headlights etc all work but it will not turn over ignition does nothing and dash does nothing. I've swapped the ignition switch checked all fuses swapped main Fues under the battery and still nothing. pass lock shouldn't have anything to do with it right?

Old Today | 09:55 AM
BF Veteran
GeorgeLG will become famous soon enough

Where are you checking for power to the ignition?

How far up in the truck did the water go?

George

Old Today | 01:09 PM
|
Starting Member

the water was about ankle deep on the driver floorboard, and the ignition is still turning on the headlights but does not engage or disengage anything else throughout the truck, the temp and fuel gauge are the only things aside from headlights that do anything at all when I turn the key on or try to turn it over.
I was kind of leaning towards the pass lock box because off it being right on top of the transmission tunnel it could've gotten water to it but that should only cut power to the fuel pump from what I remember.

Old Today | 02:30 PM
|
Starting Member

here's a video of what's going on

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_2885.mov (19.17 MB, 1 views)
Old Today | 02:58 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Rspara
the water was about ankle deep on the driver floorboard, and the ignition is still turning on the headlights but does not engage or disengage anything else throughout the truck, the temp and fuel gauge are the only things aside from headlights that do anything at all when I turn the key on or try to turn it over.
I was kind of leaning towards the pass lock box because off it being right on top of the transmission tunnel it could've gotten water to it but that should only cut power to the fuel pump from what I remember.
pull the crank fuse and tell me if you get 12 V at either terminal when you turn the ignition switch to the start position

George

Old Today | 03:30 PM
|
Starting Member

there was no power to the crank fuse plug open either side, I swapped the ignition switch yesterday hoping it was that and it still did nothing

Old Today | 04:00 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Rspara
there was no power to the crank fuse plug open either side, I swapped the ignition switch yesterday hoping it was that and it still did nothing
Pull the ignition C fuse and see if you have 12v in either open fuse socket.

George

Old Today | 04:25 PM
|
Starting Member

A,B, and C all have 12v to them, ecm 1 only has 6 to it but ecm 2 has 12