Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

P0200/P0302 Code along with blown ecm1 15amp fuse

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2024 | 12:46 AM
|
Beginning Member
03BlazinRedBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default P0200/P0302 Code along with blown ecm1 15amp fuse

EDIT: Changed format for easier read...(hopefully)

Vehicle info:
Year:
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Blazer Extreme
Motor: 4.3L Vortec 6Cyl
Transmission: Automatic
Milage: 103,918
Recent Problems:
  1. P0200- Injector Circuit Malfunction along with P0302- Cylinder #2 Misfire......This is the biggest issue I'm concerned with. I came home from work one morning and SES light came on as I'm driving 20 mph in a school zone. I park the truck turn it off and grab my scan tool to read the codes and clear them. Turn it back on after clearing and nothing. Find out ECM1 15 amp fuse blown. Plug another one in, try to turn the truck on...it blows. Yesterday I unplug the Injector wire connecter and plug another fuse in and voila no blown fuse when I turn the key on. So I have since then removed the spade connectors to injector #2. I taped the #2 wires off and plugged the remaining wires in to their home. The truck runs finally. Here is where I need some help. I have looked as best as I can see over and under for burnt or cut wires.....nothing found.
  2. Intermittent lean codes that sometime go away on their own, more random misfires (goes away for a while when I clear the codes aswell)
  3. Intermittent rough running/ idle upon startup either after sitting over night or a quick walk through walmart for groceries (goes away for a while when I clear the codes aswell). Also, the rough idle will also go away if I turn the truck off and back on sometimes.
  4. Brake trouble code (scan tool does not see the problem)
I am wondering what the liklihood is of:
  1. Just a bad spider injector
  2. Some short to ground
  3. Or a bad PCM.
Any other suggestions of where to check?Could 1-4 all be related to a bad PCM/ Wiring?Where are some known common areas outside of the wire harness along the exhaust manifold that causes these type of issues?As mentioned above I have seen no burnt or chaffed/cut wires (outside of tearing out the whole wire harness to check)

What has been fixed since being in posession of it:
  1. Exhaust- Caused by clogged catalytic converters
  2. ABS Module- Caused by ABS light to come on
  3. Plugs, Wires, Distributor Cap and Rotor- Caused by misfires and continued white smoke to blow out of new exhaust (no longer blows white smoke).
  4. Vacume line running from motor to vaccume canister inside drivers fender- caused by sight of deteriorating hoses.
So far, that's the gist of what I've encountered and fixed.

I am still digging around the forum to find an exact replica of symptoms that I am facing but so far little here from one person and a little there from another person with little response of the OPs on a fix or anything. Rest assured I will confirm my fix once its achieved.

For me all signs are pointing to a bad PCM which is possibly also causing what i believe to be a ghost brake trouble code although, I did smell brake fluid one morning but fluid looks clean and full with no drips or wet spots associated with brake system.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated and do plan on returning the favor by contributing to this forum aswell (As much as I'm sure you've all heard this. I honestly mean it!).

Thanks again Everyone, P.S. Once again, Sorry for the long post....

Last edited by 03BlazinRedBlazer; 09-15-2024 at 02:12 AM.
Old 09-24-2024 | 12:23 PM
BF Veteran
GeorgeLG will become famous soon enough

Did you diconnect the lt grn/blk low side wire , the pink power wire or both for the #2 injector at the connector?

George

Old 09-24-2024 | 10:32 PM
|
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by GeorgeLG
Did you diconnect the lt grn/blk low side wire , the pink power wire or both for the #2 injector at the connector?

George
i disconnected both the pink and the grn/blk. So i could trace the wires to their end points. It helped me pull and push on the free wire so I could follow it. The pink would disconnect from the H port and the lt grn/blk would disconnect from the G port

The 2 that my fingers are pointing at labled G and H

here's how I did it aswell.

There's a small cut out for a wire spade tool to slide in to, to disengage the spade from the connector. However I don't have access to that tool anymore so I found a small paper clip that fits nicely inside that worked just aswell.

All you do is push the paper clip into the little cutout beside the opening of where the injector pin slides into and pull the wire after you push in. Its a little snug but thats because of the rubber grommet around the wire to seal the wire from moisture.

Oh and obviously remove the blue cap that's surrounding the wires.

I'm not sure if you wanted all that information but there it is.

Last edited by 03BlazinRedBlazer; 09-24-2024 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-25-2024 | 04:02 AM
|
Beginning Member

Here is where iv been discussing my adventure mostly if anyone needs some help or insight: https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...e2/#post754414

Ok guys and gals, here's my last and final update on the spider injector problem.

As of 3:40am I got the old girl running like a top and even took her out for a quick little test drive around the block! I started reinstalling everything at about 12am. It is now 4:31am as I type this. Yes the hours may seem a bit odd but I work 7pm to 7am and it's my last night off from work until friday so they're pretty normal for me. Had plenty of light to get er done. And it is refreshing to be able to drive her again.

Surprisingly enough despite all I've read saying you have to do the TB relearn and other relearns when you disconnect stuff. I did not. It relearned on its own during the initial start up and restart for the test drive.
And the PCM is fine! Works great still!
The spider injector I purchased:
GP Sorensen Fuel Injector 800-1512N - Autozone - $321.99
The upper intake manifold gasket kit I purchased:
Fel-Pro MS95816 - Autozone - $27.49

I would like to thank LesMyer for all your tips, knowledge, insight, and help!
Some takeaways from this repair process:
  1. It does not hurt to go over everything related to the issue before you tackle the smoking gun! (gives me peace of mind atleast)
  2. Take your time and do it right the first time so you don't have to redo it.
  3. Be very thorough in all of your inspection so you know for sure.
  4. And in light of Halloween just around the corner...........wait for it........
BAM!

I now have new/old Halloween decoration that would scare any 4.3l or 5.3l owner out there plus a new pet/guard spider🕷! Just in time for Halloween 🎃
As far as everything else..

This chapter of the trucks needed repairs is over and closed.
Thanks again for the help!

Last edited by 03BlazinRedBlazer; 09-25-2024 at 05:14 AM.
Old 09-25-2024 | 08:33 AM
BF Veteran
GeorgeLG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 03BlazinRedBlazer
Here is where iv been discussing my adventure mostly if anyone needs some help or insight: https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...e2/#post754414

Ok guys and gals, here's my last and final update on the spider injector problem.

As of 3:40am I got the old girl running like a top and even took her out for a quick little test drive around the block! I started reinstalling everything at about 12am. It is now 4:31am as I type this. Yes the hours may seem a bit odd but I work 7pm to 7am and it's my last night off from work until friday so they're pretty normal for me. Had plenty of light to get er done. And it is refreshing to be able to drive her again.

Surprisingly enough despite all I've read saying you have to do the TB relearn and other relearns when you disconnect stuff. I did not. It relearned on its own during the initial start up and restart for the test drive.
And the PCM is fine! Works great still!
The spider injector I purchased:
GP Sorensen Fuel Injector 800-1512N - Autozone - $321.99
The upper intake manifold gasket kit I purchased:
Fel-Pro MS95816 - Autozone - $27.49

I would like to thank LesMyer for all your tips, knowledge, insight, and help!
Some takeaways from this repair process:
  1. It does not hurt to go over everything related to the issue before you tackle the smoking gun! (gives me peace of mind atleast)
  2. Take your time and do it right the first time so you don't have to redo it.
  3. Be very thorough in all of your inspection so you know for sure.
  4. And in light of Halloween just around the corner...........wait for it........
BAM!

I now have new/old Halloween decoration that would scare any 4.3l or 5.3l owner out there plus a new pet/guard spider🕷! Just in time for Halloween 🎃
As far as everything else..

This chapter of the trucks needed repairs is over and closed.
Thanks again for the help!
Glad you’re fixed up. Ya, Les is one of our best resources.

George