Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Quad beam on 98+

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Beginning Member
boost3d is on a distinguished road
Default Quad beam on 98+

Hi, I am trying to do the quad beam on my 98 blazer but have searched and can only find information on 95-97. I have the relay and everything I need. Is the ground switched or is the power? My buddy hooked it up like his 1998 1500 pickup but it didn't work on mine. Would this be wired the same as say a NBS chevrolet? Sorry if this is beating a dead horse.
Thanks in advance.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Beginning Member

Bump, Need help asap.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:45 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough
Old 03-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boost3d
Bump, Need help asap.
Nothing about this question is urgent in the least... Yet you seem to be so impatient that you felt it necessary to bump the post after waiting just over 2 hours... Next time, please wait for a response. While you are waiting, try the search function out. And please abide by the rules of the forum, specifically #4.

And BTW, the first two pictures in the link posted above are of a 2000 Bravada.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:43 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Ugh, don't we have another thread that was started JUST 2 days ago with the same topic? You guys need to put that search button to use.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Beginning Member

I used the search button, I've googled it maybe a dozen times. There isn't really a detailed thread. The brevada isn't a blazer so they're not the same colored wires. So... I guess I'll have to figure it out my self.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boost3d
I used the search button, I've googled it maybe a dozen times. There isn't really a detailed thread. The brevada isn't a blazer so they're not the same colored wires. So... I guess I'll have to figure it out my self.
BrAvada. And they ARE the same thing... Don't put this off on someone else because you couldn't be bothered to at least try what was shown. Oh and I just did a little search for "quad+beam" and there are a ton of threads that came up. Specifically the one where I detailed this very thing on my old Bravada... Sheesh...

Old 03-06-2010, 12:33 AM
Beginning Member

Currently I just have grounded out the yellow wire on the low beam on the drivers side headlight. Then when I turn my hi-beams on I get 4-high on drivers side and nothing on passenger side. But when I turn it back to dims my drivers side dim is normal, and the high beam light is dim. On the passenger side both lights are dim. I have tried multiple ways, including stock and it hasn't worked. Maybe I blew a fuse or relay?

Old 03-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Ryanmatt135 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bravada isnt the same thing?! lol

Old 03-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ryanmatt135
Bravada isnt the same thing?! lol
For all intensive purposes, yes, in fact, it is. The wiring is identical up front to the rest of the s-series trucks of the same 98+ vintage. Same with just about everything save for the grill, instrument cluster, steering wheel center section, and the transfer case if AWD. Oh yeah, the radio also may have a different face plate on the same radio that can be found in other s-series trucks. But if you guys want to say it's completely different because of the name on it...

Quick Reply: Quad beam on 98+