Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Random plugs under drivers side dash.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 01:33 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about
Angry Random plugs under drivers side dash.

Ok so I was looking for wires to try to fix my electrical issues, and I found like 4 plugs under my dash on the left side of the steering columb that wern't plugged into anything! (not including the key fob proggraming plug and the OBDII port) I would like to know wether or not anything is supposed to be plugged in. I looked for anything that was missing a plug and couldn't find anything.

I also noticed that a couple of wires going to some of the plugs were cut. WTH I'm really starting to hate hate hate, the PO.

Sorry, every time I look I see more problems.

Ok so here is the first two I found. These are the ones that have some wires cut off of them. You can see some cut right at the plug, and there are some more further down the wires in the next pic.

The plugs here also are connected to two 20amp fuses. WTH? Why arn't these fuses in the fuse box where they are supposed to be? (BTW I checked the fuses and they are not blown.)

I notticed that some of the wires go to this box and to the fuse box.

Some of the wires go to this cluster right next to the steering columb.

Ok then right next to that cluster were a couple MORE plugs that wern't attached to anything but air.

So correct me if Im wrong, but plugs are generally supposed to be plugged into something. Help me please.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:56 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The TRW box is your RKE (remote keyless entry) receiver. The connector that is plugged in with a bolt in the middle of it is the main ignition harness. Those first few pictures are aftermarket wiring originally for an alarm or car starter.

Those last few look factory, but might have been for an option your truck didn't originally come equiped with.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:49 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Ok sweet, thanks again.