Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

rewiring DRL's to the crappy fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 12:13 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about
Question rewiring DRL's to the crappy fog lights

On my blazer I have those almost useless stock fog lights. What I want to do is rewire the DRL's to the fog lights, install 4300K HID's for high beams & do the quad beam fix. BUT, like Kyle has a switch for his DRL's I want to have the quad beam switchable. Then use the dash switch from the fog lights to power rear aux. lights. I would have to change the wiring in the switch or somewhere because when the high beams are on it shuts off the fogs.

Am I dreaming or is it possible?

Old 03-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The dash switch is a single momentary switch. When you press it, the BCM sees that it has been pressed and turns on the fog lights. To use that switch elsewhere, you would have to make up a latching relay setup. Check out the12volt.com for schematics of a latching relay.

Anything is possible. It just depends on how motivated you are!

Old 03-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Starting Member
Jonas is on a distinguished road
Default quad

on my 97 i have a switch in the dash for quad beam.

It was used for 2 hella's before but when i installed my hid kit i spliced those 2 power cables into the powelines for the high beams.

Light on = low beam.
Real high beam switch = only high beam.
light on + dash switch = quad beam.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:17 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

right on... thanks you two, it looks like I have a LOT of thinking to do & research.
1st will be getting the DRL to run the fog lights
2nd will be a switched quad beam for the high beams which will have 4300K HID's
I think that'll be really slick towing the boat in the summer on a moonless night

rethinking it I may use the fog light switch as the quad beam switch then installing another switch for the rear lights
hmmmmm