Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

solution to int. lights/door issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Starting Member
jkmzr201 is on a distinguished road
Default solution to int. lights/door issues

hi, first off i found this a pain in the a** just to sign up to help people on here. anyways...i had the same probs. many other people are complaining about...int. lights wont shut off, drivers door wont lock from inside. i have an 01 zr2...after someone broke into my vehicle, i had these same issues that noone could figure out for a long time...was so frustrating. everything was checked and nothing until, i took my vehicle to 1 shop. apparently, before my pass. window was smashed, the thieves used a slim jim in my door or, something similar. they were pulling up on it and, bent and pulled up a small rod in my door. there are 2..1 that goes to the door handle and 1 that goes to the lock so, the 1 that went to the lock was bent and out of position which made my int. lights stay on and drivers door not lock from the inside. my vehicle was always sensing a door open which is why those problems presisted was a pain so, definately check that problem on your vehicle, probably will fix your prob. maybe after years of slamming your door or years of just wear and tear or rust or whatever prob. made your rod in your door come out of place...if you found this to be your solution, pass on the info...we could all use some help with or vehicles..