Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Weird Fuse Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 04:58 PM
huntersblaze is on a distinguished road
Default Weird Fuse Issue

Last night I noticed that my left rear parking light (light that emits from the brake light when the headlights are turned on) wasn't working. So I did the following:

1. Check the bulbs- they looked good

2. Checked the fuse, it was shot so I replaced it. Still not working

3. Checked the new fuse, it immediately blew so I replaced it again. This time the parking light is working, but before I start to re-assmble the tail light they stop working.

4. Check the fuse again, this time its fine, I still suspect that the bulbs are fine but replace them anyways, still with no luck.

I am not experienced in electrical/wiring but I have concluded that its not the fuse and not the bulbs, so is there something wrong with the wiring and how do I fix it?

ps. the bulbs work when the brakes are applied, they just don't emit light when its dark out.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

replace the bulb. try again. sometimes bad bulbs look good still and can short wiring out. ive been there dun that type of thing.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

How do the terminals in the bulb sockets look? I have repaired quite a few sockets where corrosion had shorted across terminals.

Old 03-23-2011, 03:23 PM

I just checked the terminals and they looked fine, I don't think it would be the corrosion in the terminals anyways just from the fact that both bulbs stopped working at the same time. Im really at a loss with this one, other problems occurred right around the time (maybe the same time) the left rear parking lights failed, including:

fog lights stopped working (the light indicator on the button doesn't light up either)

The function where all the parking lights blink when remotely locking/unlocking has also ceased to work.

Maybe these problems could be related so I though I would mention them, otherwise I still have no idea.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:07 AM
TNatus23 is on a distinguished road

Any Chance Wires Could of been Pinched . . In an accident or back into Somethin. .?

Old 03-25-2011, 12:25 PM

I actually did back into a post on the passengers side about the same time all my electrical problems started happening. It wasn't very hard but it gave me a little jolt and bent the corner of the bumper a bit. Even though the problem is on the drivers side could this be it? Where would the problem be? I have inspected the wires a far as from the bulbs to where they enter into the body and they look fine.