Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

why do i have to jumpstart my 98 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Starting Member
xxxmx312xxx is on a distinguished road
Exclamation why do i have to jumpstart my 98 blazer

hi there i have a 98 s10 blazer that i boutght off crigslist about 6 months ago and it ran fine until about 2 months ago it started having problems with the power door locks after a snow storm. the doors would lock themselves and they would keep locking for about 15 seconds, and it would only do it when i touched the vehicle. about 3 days later it ran my battery dead and now the battery will no longer stay charged i have to jump start it every time i try to go somewere, and i always have to leave it running or else i have to ask for a jump. and then 2 weeks ago i put a new battery in it and it got fryed i couldnt even jump it, i put my old battery back in about 2 days later and it hasnt been fryed yet i still have to jump start....... i think it could be that there is a leak in my passenger side window that drips right into the door locks that could have caused it, there is evidence that the old owner has tore into the door panels, all the clips are broke and the door panles are glued together. i could really use some help!!

Old 02-22-2012, 10:56 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road

the water on the door locks is very possible, pull the switch out and apart and clean the contacts. for the battery getting fried, i would clean all the ground and positive cables, check the output of the alternator with a multimeter or take it into a parts store and have them check it out. also check the starter for high amp draw. and replace the battery once again after everything has been checked