Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Wiring issue?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 09:35 AM
Starting Member
Gripless is on a distinguished road
Default Wiring issue?

Okay, here's what's been going on. 2001 4x4 4 door blazer went to a shop 2 months ago and was diagnosed with bad 4l60e tranny, needed rebuilt. Had a tow truck take it to a friend's house to have the necessary repairs. I wasn'there when it arrived, my friend informed me the rear window wiper was operating and the switch was in the "off" position. he then disconnected the "positive" terminal on the battery. Now, two months have passed, tranny is rebuilt, finally fired her up last night and all was seeming okay until the test drive. Turned on right turn signal, and it will no longer shut off. Not when when hazards are on, Not when truck is off, nor when left signal is on, the key doesn't even need to be in ignition, and that blinker still operates. Attempted to replace the flashing unit behind glove box but to no avail. Checked all connections and nothing seems out of ordinary. Just a extra two prong plug up in front bumper by radiator which is connected to nothing, imaging it would be for the fog lights which I don't have. I am suspecting a faulty turn signal switch is the culprit. looks like the tow guy was trying to turn my wheel without turning the key because I now have a awful plastic grinding noise when the wheel turns. Before I run out and get a new switch, do any of you have other ideas? Thank you in advance.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Starting Member

Also forgot to mention, the rear window wiper was behaving fine yesterday during test drive.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Starting Member

Anyone? I would like to attempt this repair tonight unless someone knows a less expensive alternative, or just a pain better idea. I'm not exactly a mechanic, just going with past experiences here.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:11 AM
Starting Member
Default Yup.

Well, looks like it worked, this far anyhow. Never have seen this problem arise with the same symptoms I was having. Thanks anyways guys. Maybe this will help another in the future. Now on to my next issues with my truck.