Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

How to change GM fuel pump w/o dropping tank !

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 09:44 AM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road
Default How to change GM fuel pump w/o dropping tank !

Here is D Ray showing how to use 'red neck' ingenuity to replace a Silverado fuel pump without dropping the tank or removing the pick up bed from the truck ! He does this in a 3 part You Tube video showing in step by step how to R & R a fuel pump in his 2007 Silverado Classic dually with 6.0 L gas engine. Not a diesel. My question is in Part one mile post 9 min. 51 sec. , what is the large electronic box mounted on the top of the gas tank right next to the fuel pump access?

The Silverado year 2007 was a transitional year. They had introduced a new model /redesigned 2007, but were continuing to produce the old style called a 'Classic' model.

Old 08-03-2018, 07:10 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Are you talking about the evap canister?

Old 08-04-2018, 08:14 AM
jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

Tom, here's the image with a red arrow pointing to the square grey box on top of the gas tank. My guess was an ABS box but I don't know. Is that the evap canister?

Old 08-04-2018, 08:37 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you are talking about what I have boxed in red in the attached image, that is the evap canister as Tom A suggested above. I had to watch part 2 of that video series to get a better screen capture.

Attached Thumbnails How to change GM fuel pump w/o dropping tank !-screencap.png