Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

92 camaro rs

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 11:44 AM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road
Default 92 camaro rs

so i picked the car up its got some issues im a little worried about and was hoping one of you could give me some ideas when i turn the steering wheel and brake it makes a clunk noise and when i cut back the other way it does it again the car seems to steer good feels nice and tight no shakes or shimmies when driving at any speed when i drive straight and brake it does not make the noise all the tires are evenly wore i know this is the blazer forum but with all the great members here i figured i could get some good insight thanks

Old 02-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's a CamEro? Sorry, one of my pet peaves...

Anyway, have you taken a look at all the suspension components?

Where's the pics of said CamAro?

Old 02-09-2012, 11:59 AM

got cell phone i will text ya one i dont have time to download pics right now i can take some and maybe get them on here tonight

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-09-2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: *Combining 4 Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond. Rules are rules & being on a cell phone is no excus
Old 02-09-2012, 12:09 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Yeah..i have to second the steering...if it only happens on turns then it has to be front end related.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:13 PM

there is a pic of my so called CAMARO I HAVE BEEN AROUND HERE A GOOD WHILE I GOT NO REASON TO LIE ABOUT CARS LOL im not the guyythat boast on the net to make me feel better about my worthless life

other than a few dings this is all the body damage its a e vin car so v8 no tunedport dang it lol

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-09-2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: *Combining 4 Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond. Rules are rules & being on a cell phone is no excus
Old 02-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zr2dan
there is a pic of my so called CAMARO I HAVE BEEN AROUND HERE A GOOD WHILE I GOT NO REASON TO LIE ABOUT CARS LOL im not the guyythat boast on the net to make me feel better about my worthless life
I was in no way implying that you did not buy a Camaro. I was simply pointing out that you spelled it with an "E" and not an "A" like it is properly spelled . Like mentioned above, one of my pet peaves.

Looks like a good project. My Dad had a 91 RS with the 5.0L TBI in it. It was a complete DOG. Nothing like a V8 with 170 hp! I layed it on my Dad when I had my 04 Trailblazer, ha. He has since moved up to a 98 SS Camaro that is a tid bit quicker. The 91 was fun to drive and in pristine shape when he sold it a few years ago. I wish I would have bought it and thrown an LS motor of some variety in it. I wasn't in a position to buy it at the time and already had a 95 Z28.

Good luck with it!

Old 02-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

so what under the hood? my 86t/a only has a 305 but itll be a fun summer car when i get it done. theres forums out there for 3rd gen cars. from the pics looks like ya only need a fender and a fresh coat of paint

Old 02-18-2012, 08:12 PM

305tb i got the terd engine lol would have rather had the roller 350tpi but oh well other than that fender it just has a few dings here and there

Old 02-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

my t/a has the gutless 305 as well but there not bad on gas im told

Old 02-19-2012, 04:13 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Man I love those cars... I had an 86 with a 305. Slow as hell but still fun to drive. Definitely sounds like a worn steering component to me.

Quick Reply: 92 camaro rs