Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Am I missing something here?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road
Default Am I missing something here?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm an olde pharte. I've probably got socks older than many of the members here.I was watching the news and a story about the South African athlete, Pastoris, that has been charged with murder. He has been granted bail. I strongly believe in everybody charged with a crime being allowed their day in court.

I also heard where Nike has dropped his endorsement contract. Now, why would a shoe company hire someone to sell their shoes that has no feet? He has springs on his prosthetics when he runs.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:18 PM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

hey if i didnt have feet i would get them made to fit my nubs. i've never worn anything but nike

Old 02-22-2013, 09:33 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I wear Airwalk and DC shoes exclusively.

I don't understand why that guy would be granted bail though... I guess we cant really assume that the south African justice system is any smarter than our north American systems though.

He murdered that woman, he doesn't have a LEG to STAND on in court

They guys on Opie and Anthony call him the BladeRunner while they make fun of him.

I find his supposed defense retarded. I mean, he shot her like 3 times in the chest and twice in the head. That's some pretty good shooting for someone who is shooting in the darkness that is dark enough to not tell who they are shooting.

Its all bogus, just lock the bladerunner up and throw away the key. South African prisons gotta be a real friendly place.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

Not only in the dark, but through a door! His story doesn't match up though. He's toast.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:47 AM
trobbins is on a distinguished road

and theres no way he didnt know who it was, if living in a gated community security always calls before they let that person threw, so bunch of bs

Old 02-23-2013, 11:42 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

my question is this...in prison will they allow him to have those potential swords that he uses? me thinks they will be callin him 'rollin blunder' before long.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ohsofly
I wear Airwalk and DC shoes exclusively.

I don't understand why that guy would be granted bail though... I guess we cant really assume that the south African justice system is any smarter than our north American systems though.

He murdered that woman, he doesn't have a LEG to STAND on in court

They guys on Opie and Anthony call him the BladeRunner while they make fun of him.

I find his supposed defense retarded. I mean, he shot her like 3 times in the chest and twice in the head. That's some pretty good shooting for someone who is shooting in the darkness that is dark enough to not tell who they are shooting.

Its all bogus, just lock the bladerunner up and throw away the key. South African prisons gotta be a real friendly place.

South Africa used to be part of the British Empire so their laws are based on English Common Law, like the U.S. He has been charged but he has NOT been convicted. Judging him in the press can cause a mistrial and let a guilty person walk so I always let someone have their day on court.

The governments case has been weakened as the lead investigator is facing a possible indictment himself for manslaughter. Now, once he has been tried and convicted, yes, then he is a convicted murderer. Until then, it's just he is alleged to have killed his girlfriend.

I'm just marveling that a shoe company hired a man with no feet to sell their shoes.