The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Any gun nuts here?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 08:46 PM
rc4life is on a distinguished road

my wife
[youtube]nRokY3Z8YI4[/youtube]

Old 12-15-2010, 08:52 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

haha I know what you mean. I'd say a fit in the middle as far as proglock vs antiglock I have one that's been great but being so light, they can be a lot harder to shoot than a comparable gun (G17 vs P226). They're great guns but certainly not the end all, be all. The new Gen4's certainly have their fair share of problems...

Old 12-15-2010, 11:27 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Bad news...kind of...for me I guess.

I gave my .30-06 to my daughter and son-in-law for Christmas and one of my .22 rifles to my neice and nephew for Christmas, also.

Don't worry, I still have more than enough to keep me going for a few more years. Planning on scaling down over the next few years, just need my grandbabies to get older along with my neice and nephew. I've got a few rifles/shotguns picked out for each of them in the coming years.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:33 AM
rc4life is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJBert
Bad news...kind of...for me I guess.

I gave my .30-06 to my daughter and son-in-law for Christmas and one of my .22 rifles to my neice and nephew for Christmas, also.

Don't worry, I still have more than enough to keep me going for a few more years. Planning on scaling down over the next few years, just need my grandbabies to get older along with my neice and nephew. I've got a few rifles/shotguns picked out for each of them in the coming years.
Sounds more like great news to me! When I have kids I would be trilled if they wanted guns for christmas!

Old 12-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road

I'm a little suprised nobodies mentioned him owning the Barret yet, lol

Old 02-05-2011, 12:03 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, after a long hiatus, I'm gonna try and get back on here...

But good thing is I've been spending some quality time with some hot iron and brass lately....

Still have the Hi point 40., added a 9mm of the same brand. Also picked up a like new Mossberg plinkster 702 22lr rifle for $80 at a pawn shop. Got a Chinese SKS and have been modding it some. Monte Carlo stock, detach mags, etc. Got my dream gun last weekend... a ak-47. Ok so not a true ak, but a cheap Romanian wasr 10/63 ak clone. Still is awesome and lovin it. Got it ripped apart right now and gonna stain the furniture.

BTW those Barret's are f$#*in insane. Weigh like what 75 pounds and I was looking at one that had a 5,000 yard range at a gun store the other day. They wanted $3,500 for it, beats gander mountains $5,000 for the same thing. It'll shake your pants if your standing 'side the compensator. I think I would just hang a private property sign up with a copy of the reciept for the barret, a picture of me with it, and a spent 50 BMG shell on the sign... I saw a youtube video where a guy was doing a tv piece on it, and a military official said it "completly destroys the enemies moral, them knowing we have this weapon".

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 02-05-2011 at 12:14 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:35 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

I think this has been done before...

*I have a Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro Sub Compact 9mm in all blue for my Concealed Carry. <-- need to get a .357 though

*The wife has a Taurus CIA .38 special, titanium, 2.5" barrel, hammerless, and rolling with hydra-shoks for her CC. <-- love this gun

*When I run I carry a Davis Derringer .32 ACP over/under derringer. <-- the man cannon!

*The duck gun is a Remington 870 12 ga. 26" barrel, full choke, and hi-vis front sight. <-- i hate 870s though

*The Home defense gun is a Mossberg M500 8+1 20" 12 ga, currently in pistol grip & pistol grip pump configuration, heat shield, single point sling, hi-vis front bead, and sure fire tactical light riding on the side. <-- i love my 500! imagine the gun you'd use to kick in a door an smoke a coke dealer in 1988. this is that gun right now

*The Designated Zombie Survival Gun is a PAR-3 5.56 pump action Ak variant that is arguably the most accurate AK platform ever built. Gotta conserve those rounds durring the Zombie Apocalypse. has 4 10rd mags and 1 30rd (get to the blazer!)

*The deer getter is Howa Ranchland in .308 with tan houge molded stock, 3-10x42 adjustable scope, old school leathar sling, and 9" harris bipod.

*My shooter is a M69 Romanian Training Rifle (military) in .22lr. It is a bolt action rifle with graduated flip sights, and a 5 round detachable mag. I put a fixed 4x scope on it and it is hands down the most accurate rifle I have ever fired. PERIOD. doesn't reach very far though...

*also mentioned is a Mossin Nagant 91/30 (tula stamped) 7.62x54r WWII Russian Rifle. This thing looks like you should pound half a bottle of vodka and then fight a bear with the bayonette. It's all hard wood with a steel buttplate to channel the recoil straight into your bones. благодарит друга!!!

*also mentioned is a Steyr M95/30 shortened Paratrooper Carbine 8x56r (its a beast!) WWII Austrian Rifle. A box used to go for $60 for 10 rounds (waffen stamped meaning swastikas) but now there are obsolete loads so 20 rounds costs $30... ouch.

having to spend my own $ on ammo now that i am a recruiter has taken a lot of the fun out of just going out and blowing crap away though
i think that is everything.

Last edited by ABN31B; 02-05-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:09 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's the SKS and the AK. AK is staying original, SKS is gonna be my tinker gun. Nothing permanent and keeping original parts incase I wanna switch back.

Currently working on staining the furniture on the AK, only have one coat of stain on right now, just started.

The SKS by itself

The Mossberg 22, mounted a cheap, (yet actually not bad), Simmons 3-9x32 scope this morning.

Posted the 40. earlier, and if ya seen one hi point, ya seen em' all. Big, heavy, ugly wretched, dependable shooters.

ABN31B, that's a nice collection you've got there. I think my next rifle purchase is gonna be either a 91/30 or a M44. Local place had a barrel of nice condition 91/30's for $118 each, but I had just bought the Mossberg and got the AK out of layaway so I passed. Also need a compact gun for CCW, taking safety class next sunday, requirement before you can get a CCW permit in WV. Yeah buying ya own ammo sucks, lol. I can't find ANY 7.62x39 around me for under $17.99 for a 20 round box. Everyone is sold out of ucw and wolf and all tulammo. Guess I'm gonna have to order offline. Been shooting the 22lr alot lately, 325 rounds for under $20 .

Old 02-07-2011, 03:03 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

7.62x39 bulk mil surp can be had on the cheap at almost every gun show. worth the $5 to get in.

big 5 or gander mountain should have 91/30's and 44's for like $99 with the bayonete, ammo pouches, bolt key, tool kit, rod, oil carrier, and other goodies. all you need is a wwII russian uniform, and you can defend Staligrad! if you get a 44, bayo is built in, if you get a 91/30 they were factory accurized WITH the bayo ON so if it doesnt have one, it will not shoot as well at distance, unless you plan to beat the sights around a little. just FYI.

As for a ccw look at the s&w 38+p or the taurus i mentioned. they are perfection in weapons. BONUS it's a revolver so no un-loading/short-loading to save mag springs, AND hammerless means no safety needed so you are always rolling hot.
down side is total load carried, but if you can't stop something with 5 .38 rounds, then you have bigger problems than needing to reload...

Old 02-07-2011, 09:57 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ABN31B
As for a ccw look at the s&w 38+p or the taurus i mentioned. they are perfection in weapons. BONUS it's a revolver so no un-loading/short-loading to save mag springs, AND hammerless means no safety needed so you are always rolling hot.
down side is total load carried, but if you can't stop something with 5 .38 rounds, then you have bigger problems than needing to reload...
Store nearby is running the S&W J frames at $369 right now... I wanted to get a 637 or 442 so bad. My 11.5oz LCP is pretty awesome but I would feel more comfortable with a 38+P

Quick Reply: Any gun nuts here?