Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Anyone like to hunt?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 08:12 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

livin in ohio you can use high powered rifles right i would grab up a 30/30 or 30/06 here in indiana we can use pistol load rifles like 44mags 38 357 but nothin smaller than a .357 and the shell has to be shorter than 2 1/4 inch i think

Old 11-15-2011, 08:31 PM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

Yeah I actually changed my mind and I think i'm gonna go with a new Savage 111, .30-06.
We have real thick brush here in TN so we need a decent sized gun. I'm tired of borroughing guns on hunting trips and i'm gonna buy my own rifle. I sold my 12gauge to my friend for financial reasons at the time lol

Old 11-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Starting Member
99LS4x4ryanlw is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zr2dan
livin in ohio you can use high powered rifles right
This is directly off of the ODNR website
10-gauge or smaller shotgun using one ball or one rifled slug per barrel (rifled shotgun barrels are permitted when using shotgun slug ammunition); or muzzleloading rifle .38 caliber or larger; or handgun with 5-inch minimum length barrel, using straight-walled cartridges .357 caliber or larger, or longbow, crossbow (draw weight limitations same as for Archery Season). Shotguns cannot be capable of holding more than three shells.
But that is ok with me, I love my shotgun

Old 11-15-2011, 08:54 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road

i like shotguns too i have a 870express i just though hpr's were legal in ohio shotgun season just around the corner but im waiting for late archery that is when i can use my crossbow

Old 11-16-2011, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by DySfUnCtIoNaL
Thanks man, it's now got a Bushnell Banner 60x40x14 scope on it, I love this rifle, by far the best one I've ever owned!
I went to buy a Remington 770, done all the research on it, knew the ballistics, and everything.
Guy at the counter handed it to me and said "that's a good gun, but we just got these in from Mossberg, you should check it out".
It feels more balanced and lighter than the Remington did, and turned out to be a tack driver round after round.
It does however kick like a rented mule!!

I'm down in east central Ga, right on the South Carolina border, but I travel to Chattanooga quite often, it's about a 3.5 hour drive.
For a weekend hunt though....
I'd be on the road in a heartbeat!

The same goes here, you get down here before the 1st of the year and I'll put you in a stand where I know you can knock one down.
Yeah you're about 4 1/2 hours away, ain't too bad. Now if I still lived in Douglasville GA I'd only be 2 hours away lol I may come down that way someday

Old 11-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by zr2dan
i like shotguns too i have a 870express i just though hpr's were legal in ohio shotgun season just around the corner but im waiting for late archery that is when i can use my crossbow
Don't get me wrong, I kinda wish they were legal might make things a little more interesting to say the least

Old 11-16-2011, 07:33 AM

Sawn off shotguns he he he hahaha

Old 11-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like to pheasant hunt. Use a Mossberg 500 for it. The birds have been pretty scarce here the last couple of seasons.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Beginning Member
Aanenson is on a distinguished road

i was planning on hunting for the first time this year, but i never have/had enough money as all of it is going towards bills and crap. I shoot bow and arrows though, im no dissing anyone but i think it requires more skill and is more challenging. I am also not a fan of tree stand hunting, id rather stalk. Like i said i dont wanna offend anyone with my opinion, your experiencing the outdoors either way lol Good huntin yall!!

Old 11-16-2011, 10:38 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Aanenson
i was planning on hunting for the first time this year, but i never have/had enough money as all of it is going towards bills and crap. I shoot bow and arrows though, im no dissing anyone but i think it requires more skill and is more challenging. I am also not a fan of tree stand hunting, id rather stalk. Like i said i dont wanna offend anyone with my opinion, your experiencing the outdoors either way lol Good huntin yall!!
I agree that stalking with a bow requires a TON more skill IMHO. Shooting from a ground blind, I can't get the deer to get any closer than 75 yards or so, so I guess a bow is out for me lol. Another thing that I am not too keen on is people who sit in a stand or blind and have other "push" the deer to them. That isn't particularly hunting IMO either

Quick Reply: Anyone like to hunt?