Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

avoid autozone

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 04:54 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Autozone is decent. I prefer Advance because at least down here, they are extremely knowledgeable.
The Autozone here seems to hire people who know very little about cars. Makes me feel like a master technician against them. Maybe that's why they didn't hire me...

Old 09-21-2010, 06:54 PM
JohnnyBlaze79 is on a distinguished road

parts like food are sometimes better in hole in the wall spots .... pick a reliable spot n hope they dont get bought out like auto parts unlimited in van nuys i used to go to got bought out by car quest ....then they started to suck like autozone ... but like bresblazy said i guess auto zone is good for some things

Old 09-22-2010, 12:33 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

AAZK

Anti Autozone Crew

Old 09-22-2010, 06:10 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I was at autozone last night. Needed to replace some vacuum hoses..lol.. Like everybody else stated, this place is only good for certain items. Most of the time I order parts from rockauto unless I'm really in a bind.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:17 AM
c0a8l0v6i8n9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
I was at autozone last night. Needed to replace some vacuum hoses..lol.. Like everybody else stated, this place is only good for certain items. Most of the time I order parts from rockauto unless I'm really in a bind.
+1 I do the exact same thing

Old 09-22-2010, 11:08 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

I been using Rock Auto more recently as well. I like the fact that you can pay with PAYPAL so just like paying with cash and not have to use the Credit Card.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:35 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I only go Advance Auto Parts myself and maybe Carquest if Advance doesnt have what I need. I stay away from Autozone cause around here they hire stupid kids that know nothing about cars and have one person who does know stuff but they are never available lol.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:10 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jeffpatz87
in MHO everyone should avoid getting brake calipers from autozone I dont care if they are the cheapest they use thread locker on the bleeder screws so when you try and bled them you end up rounding the darn thing and you have to take it off again and hope like hell you can get the screw out a real PIA
forget all the other crap writen above, my question is why the hell is there threadlocker on the bleeders?

Old 09-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I avoid auto zone for these reason, Bought a break caliper (forget the price exactly) and it had no hardwear with it, no bleeder screw no bonjo bolt nothing. Ok i didn't care it was kinda cheap moving on....I get it home and am installing it when I notice my bonjo bolt won't go in, it tried to cross thread every time. I pull the caliper off and noticed it had casted threads not even machined, and I wasn't going to run a tap through cast aluminum to fix the threads cause it had already eaten my brass bonjo bolt for breakfest and metal shavings don't go well with calipers. I returned it, they were polite about it, and went next door to the Advance auto parts store. Their caliper was cheaper, came with hardwear(crush washers, bonjo bolt, pad brackets, and bleeder screw) and had very nice machined threads. The next thing I experimented with them was a vaccuum switch for my dads truck. It ended up being the same price as Auto Parts but it sucked out a vaccuum lines worth of transfer case oil. Plus they just moved into our town so I tried giving them a break but from now on it's Napa, Advanced auto, or the trusty trusty ebay.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Starting Member
robertr728 is on a distinguished road

I use Auto Zone all the time and have no real problems with them. I love there computer logging of your warranty stuff that cant be beat.

And for breaking loose a bleeder you use a socket and apply pressure to turn the bleeder then hit the caliper with a hammer next to the bleeder while applying pressure to the socket wrench. It will usually shock it free pretty easy. My 2c

Quick Reply: avoid autozone