Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Call before you dig GENIOUS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 09:43 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Call before you dig GENIOUS!

Anybody else in my part of Texas lose phone/internet this past week?

Some genious hit a fiber optic in Kerrville and wiped all kinds of communication to the hill country. It was so total that cellular service became overlaoded.

Can you say "Oh Chit! That's gonna be expensive!"? Took almost 24 hours to repair that bundle. I'm guessing $50K ++

Old 03-31-2010, 09:51 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

That sucks! I know how easy it happens. I'm in landscaping and it happen to me a bunch. Not Fibre tho. But power, Irrigation, Lights lol It happens but definitely Call Before You Dig!

Old 03-31-2010, 11:42 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

anyone remember the gasoline leak in Bellingham WA years ago that set a whole ravine on fire??? that was caused by a dude hitting a gasoline pipeline and hushing it up.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:18 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That sucks! I remember my father slicing a 10k pair buried bundle in one of our fields while installing drainage tile. It was during the Verizon strike quite a while ago. Some guy in a suit had to come out and repair the damage! LOL Didn't cost my dad a thing. He had the phone, gas, & electric companies come out and mark the field, but they missed that one. That took two days to repair and took out most of the phones in NYC!...

Doesn't take a genius to cut it if it is buried. Just takes someone not marking it or marking it in the wrong location.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:17 AM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

My job is Drilling, placing underground utilities. It's usually not the person who cut it's fault. All the companies in the area(the gas company, electric, water, telephone, etc) have 2 days to come out and mark the location of their utilities. If they decide to put it off and something get's hit... it's their fault for not marking them. But it's really not hard to hit something when you don't know it's there... It's unfortunate when it does happen, it's happened to me before. I've never hit a gas or power, and those are the ones you really want to watch out for obviously lol.

Old 04-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Dad has snagged a 6" natural gas main before. Luckily he had an idea that there would be one in the area even though the gas company didn't mark it when they came out. He was going easy through that section and stopped quickly once he hit it which is a good thing. The 8640 wouldn't bat an eye at tearing that thing apart.