The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Canada is Golden-AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:32 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I taped it and tried to get through work without knowing the score...fail.

Terrible to just hear about the game and not get to see it and enjoy it.

But alas, GOLD!

Old 03-01-2010, 07:37 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

It's great to see my hometown hero score the winning goal. I actually went to the same Jr High school as Sid (no joke). He was a year ahead of me. Also would have gone ot the same high school too, but he went down to the US for high school for hockey. Its weird to think I can still remember seeing him in the hallways lol and now look at him.

Anyway, we may not have "owned the podium" as far as total medal count goes, but we owned the gold! Most EVER gold medals for a host nation, and most EVER golds for any nation in the winter olympics. Not bad!!

Old 03-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Good job canada. It was one hell of a game and I would have to say one of the best winter olympics ever. The USA really stepped up in the winter games this year.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:30 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by oisinirish
Too bad they're all pros these days. Used to be way better, summer and winter, when it was amateur.

funny, i was just saying the exact same thing to my Mother-in-law this afternoon. definately a different game now with the pros involved.

Originally Posted by ABN31B
and 3rd in total medals... not a bad run for a home country
like Alex said, the best for a host Nation, most Gold for any Nation ever-and we won Gold for both women & mens hockey.................it just doesn't get any better!

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
Good job canada. It was one hell of a game and I would have to say one of the best winter olympics ever. The USA really stepped up in the winter games this year.

absolutely Luis. they really were our hardest foe to overcome. even though they didn't beat us in the last game, you guys still had an impressive amount of medals, best of bunch.

cheers to all the players for an exciting game!