Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Dad's new toy.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:49 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

You're killing me! I can get one here if I had a spare $140,000. Of course, with that kinda cash, the Camaro comes out tops!!!!!

Old 06-24-2010, 01:53 AM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
huh?
Ford's are junk. Always have been, always will be. Albeit Every hot-shot kid and guy with a midlife crisis buys a mustang, it still doesn't make them any better.

< Die-hard Ford hater.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:14 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CNYCountryKidd
Ford's are junk. Always have been, always will be. Albeit Every hot-shot kid and guy with a midlife crisis buys a mustang, it still doesn't make them any better.

< Die-hard Ford hater.
Nothing wrong with being a gm or a chevy person however life's too short for hating. I thought I read somewhere that the mustang was second only to the corvette for being the longest run production vehicle. Besides nothing was stated about a midlife crisis in the op.

Old 06-24-2010, 02:18 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CNYCountryKidd

< Die-hard Ford hater.
That's your opinion.

I'd take a Mustang over a Camaro anyday.

Nice Mustang, absolutely love the blue!!

Old 06-24-2010, 02:38 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn CountryKidd, that's a lil harsh... I never understood how people can love cars yet hate certain models/makers. You have to have competition to keep things going and interesting but some people take it a bit too far. I have Ford guys and GM guys in my family and watching them fight over it to me is like watching little kids fight over which toy car was better, Matchbox or Hotwheels? Debating is good and healthy, but just typcasting people and actually hating inatimate objects is a bit much. Just my 2 cents.

BTW Old skool luvr, hope he likes it. 5.0 V8 with 5 speed and 4.11's just sounds like a blast! Is he going to lightly mod it any or just keep it a clean mint stock?

Old 06-24-2010, 07:47 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wlorton
Good thing he got the mustang... now he wont attract the women (atleast good for his wife)... LOL....

Personally, the Camaro > Challenger > Mustang.... but... If they were to offer a package that was like the 429 boss... I would be on board getting one, but these mustangs arent my cup of tea.... Plus LS>Hemi>Ford pOS.... lol...

To each his own, I will *sadly* say that it looks damn sexy in that blue though...
Ford-Rumour Mill has it that SVT is working on a 7.0L engine... a true 429C.I. of gas guzzling glory.

That same rumour mill mentioned you'll see it next year in the Raptor, and possibly a modern run of the BOSS 429... that engine is estimated to be good for around 500 ponies (no punn intended)...

Guess they need to compete with the upcoming Camaro Z28

Old 06-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

Never been a Ford fan myself, but i do have to admit that the new Mustangs go like stink(couple buddy's are diehard Ford fans). I think i would get in some serious trouble if I kept one for any length of time I do like that blue too!!

Old 06-24-2010, 11:29 AM
shligger is on a distinguished road

Out of all the new muscle car reissues, I like the Challenger the most, the Ford second and the Camaro last. The Camaro just looks weird to me with no looks taken from the old models.

Also, if I wanted a fast ride to horse around with I'd probably look into an old muscle car, not a modern sports car.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:04 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oktain, that 7.0 in the raptor could be interesting. That would be one of the bigger gas engines put in a truck since the watered down Chevy 454 SS pickups. But in a vehicle like the Raptor with 35's and 4.11 gearing factory it could be a neat from factory truck.

I always felt the muscle era would come back in a more efficiant and accepted way. Or at least I hoped. I. This time of Turboed 4cyl's and 28 inch rims we could use some big block glory ha ha

Old 06-24-2010, 12:06 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
Oktain, that 7.0 in the raptor could be interesting. That would be one of the bigger gas engines put in a truck since the watered down Chevy 454 SS pickups. But in a vehicle like the Raptor with 35's and 4.11 gearing factory it could be a neat from factory truck.

I always felt the muscle era would come back in a more efficiant and accepted way. Or at least I hoped. I. This time of Turboed 4cyl's and 28 inch rims we could use some big block glory ha ha

Yes... but the GM HD's were available with 8.1L engines until recently I believe...

Quick Reply: Dad's new toy.