The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

everybody needs some extra money

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xmradioguy
Yes I know plasma is the white blood cells of the blood and when you donate plasma they seperate it from the red blood cells and put the red blood cells back in you. I have received both blood and plasma transfusions lots of times I also had a lung transplant so yes I know what I am talking about if you think the only reason to donate is for a paycheck and rather detail a car and not worth it to save a life because you had a problem 1 time, There is a place for people like that.
Holy run-on sentence Batman! Dude, calm down. Seriously. You are getting the wrong idea about what I am saying. Allow me to make points so you can properly understand what I'm saying.

1. I would not personally donate plasma again because the people around here who do it were rough both times. The needles for getting plasma are different than those they use for blood and I am just trying to let people know the process isn't as smooth as donating blood. So yes I did try it more than 1 time and no it wasn't for the money, but when someone says heres $30 for your efforts I'm not going to refuse it.

2. I donate blood every 2 months. You don't get paid for that. Perfectly fine with it. I think everyone who can donate blood should donate when they can. So I do give blood 6 times a year.

3. For extra cash around the holidays I detail cars. It was a suggestion for people for another way to make extra cash. I thought I would suggest that in this thread being the topic is about making extra holiday cash.

4. That last part of your post appears to be an insinuation that I'm a bad person who is going to hell. If so, I find that rather insulting on a personal level and would like to say that you do not know me and that that is not your place to make judgement. Being that it appears as though you are hinting at me going to hell, please re-read Matthew 7. Now, if this was not an insinuation of such then I ask that you (or anyone else) disregard this number.

5. I hope this has cleared the air and that you do not take this as a personal attack of any sorts. I 100% sincerely do not intend on this post being that in any way, shape, or form. I am merely attempting to clarify my previous posts and the manner in which you seemed to have taken them.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:10 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xmradioguy
It isn't and shouldn't be about the money it is about doing your part and maybe saving someones life. I just had 2 units of blood put in me today thanks to a donor. If it wasn't for blood and organ donors I wouldn't be here today. If I could I would donate blood every chance I got.

well congratulations. no sarcasm in tended there. but i do donate blood, thankou. i m hoping to some day catch up to my dad.. which hes over a coupla gallons. and still donating....

Old 12-05-2010, 02:11 AM
xmradioguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry if I took your post the wrong way but you made it sound like it's not worth $30 to donate,and to me saving a life is worth a lot more than any amount of money.
Thankyou to all who donate. I have a friend that drives 45 mins 1 way every wednesday after 8 hours of work and donates plasma,gets a free bowl of soup and drives 45 mins home. I met this guy on another forum and he came to visit me a few times in the hospital after my transplant. One time after he donated he came to see me, he gave my mom $300 to help with our medical expenses away from home. Not once has he been paid for his donatations and I don't think he would accept money anyway, he would give it to a charity.