Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Finally done!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 09:08 AM
midnightbluS10 can only hope to improve
Default Finally done!

Last year round October, I hydrolocked the engine in my Blazer when I tried to go through about 3 feet of water. I thought it was only about a foot, so I went for it. I didn't make it lol. So I filed an insurance claim on it for flood damage since I had full coverage. They totaled the truck, and paid me nicely for it. They gave me $1000 less than what I paid for it in 2006. I'd say it held it's value quite well. I bought it back for $450! I then purchased a GM Performance Parts crate motor to swap in for $1899. It has a 3yr/100k mile warranty.

I finally got the engine installed a couple of weekends ago with the help of one of our ASE certified Master Techs at work. GM requires that a certified technician install the engine before they will honor the warranty, IIRC. My LIM was extremely corroded and the front driver's side corner was cracked, also. I had a huge coolant leak once we got it in and running. So I bought a used LIM from S10partswarehouse on Ebay and installed it. It was still wanting to idle around 2200 RPM and had a random stutter/cough that was going on, also. I pulled the codes and P0507 was stored for the IAC motor. I swapped in a new one and fixed the racing idle and stutter/cough/cutting out issue. It idles almost perfectly now. The only other issue is the ECT sensor is bad and not reading correctly.

While driving it home from the shop at work, it started cutting out and stuttering again. I tied it to the ect sensor because every time the gauge started reading erratically, the truck began cutting out and stuttering. So I'm gonna replace the ect sensor in the head in just a few and hope that cures the last issue. I'm so glad to be back in my Blazer. I've really missed driving it the last 7 months. I haven't driven it since right after my daughter was born and shes 8 months old now. I had been driving a V6 Ford Ranger Edge and it was terrible. The truck was so unstable and dangerous to drive. I hated it.

I'm so glad to be back in my Blazer. With a brand new engine, this thing should fly now. My 239k mile engine was still a beast when I blew it and it was tired and worn out with low compression(80lbs on #3 and 110 on the rest) across the board, and still able to run 15.883@84.4 I'll be going back there soon, too lol

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 1/4 mile trap speeds 0-60 - DragTimes.com

Attached Thumbnails Finally done!-19825-2001-chevrolet-blazer-timeslip.jpg  

Last edited by midnightbluS10; 05-19-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:47 PM
trevhoff is on a distinguished road

glad to know you're back into a Chevy, while my blazer's down i've been driving my dad's 04 expedition. just feels so wrong, can't wait till mine's back.
and that's not a bad track time neither! haha

Old 05-21-2013, 07:04 AM
midnightbluS10 can only hope to improve

Thanks! I'm hoping to improve at least somewhat on my personal best track time. Will probably head there after about 1500 miles.