Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Fixing jeeps

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 11:46 PM
Starting Member
Mczuk is on a distinguished road
Default Fixing jeeps

Thought this was hilarious and had to share it all of you.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/96-jeep-cherokee-need-opinions-1149721/

After the first 2 posts it gets boring, everone either agrees or gets upset about it.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:32 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeep guys are jackasses. They think they are superior to everyone. The few guys that actualy had the ***** to stand up and give her the information she was looking for got laughed off. I dunno I'm pretty sure if it was this forum wed actually try and answer her questions and not have some smart comment about how she should support her boyfriend. There's so many factors here that we don't know about and she could be wanting to buy him another one that's actualy running with what they can get out of that one. And finaly what does that say about those guys standards and their character? If someone made a post like the second one on here I'm pretty confident it'd be removed pretty quickly as we have respect for everyone on this forum. But that's just my feelings toward this whole thing and that whole jeep forum isn't a problem just certin people. Just want that clear that I'm not bashing that specifc forum just some of those members were very rude. I've actually had to use that particular forum for a friends jeep and got good help. So the forum as a whole is pretty good just certin members

Old 01-14-2011, 10:16 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Rude members have been filtered out here (for the most part)...

As a whole the "jeeping community" or offroad enthusiasts annoy me. The group here in town won't stop to pull each other out of the mud, it's like a race to the end of the run...

A buddy of mine went out with them with his mud truck ('97 Sierra, lifted on 35's soon to be SFA'd) and after pulling a few guys out, when he got stuck they just went around him and kept going. He never went out with them again and let them know how big of turd cutters they were all being...

Old 01-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

What an A hole, hes probably just bitter cause no one loves him enough to try to help him out and ask questions like she was doin for her boyfriend.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:27 PM

I hated the jeep guys when I lived in CO. They gave me every reason why my SAS 88 F150 couldn't do what they could. Well I proved em wrong and they hated me forever.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

So since I am a jeep guy and I offroad im a jerk? Interesting. Might want to stop making generalizations about people based on the small population that you have encountered. I don't see the point in making generalizations like that. But regardless, there are stupid people no matter what their interests are.

Most of the time my group and I go wheeling we spend the majority of the time helping others who are stuck or broke down.

Yes, we do a great job of weeding out individuals on this forum(well I used to, lol)that only want to incite others and not help.

But some forums don't, which I why I pick forums wisely. That being said, I'm going back to working on my jeep.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:04 PM

If you read my first post I said some of the guys on that forum are actually helpful. No not all jeep guys are. But the majority of jeep guys I've seen in colorado and georgia all think their better because their rig says JEEP. Now I have buddys that are hardcore jeep guys and they are not like that. I'm not saying every jeep guy is a jack ***. But 9 out of the 10 I've cam across have been

Old 01-14-2011, 04:05 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

@ HBinOH
^^^
i've dealt with people who suck in a lot of things. he's right about generalizations.
I do see a lot of pride in the wranger crews, and in the XJ folk, but it'd be no different in a pack of 5 blazers rolled up on an explorer... we'd probably come off as ******

either way,pride in what you have is one thing, being a c*ck to someone seeking help is another... but i can't say i disagree with his opinion...just his delivery

Last edited by ABN31B; 01-14-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:15 PM

That is very true. And I hate to generalize. Jeeps do have abilitys offroad that most vehicles will never touch. I've met some awesome jeep guys in my day. But for me when I owned a rock crawler that was a full size ford they told me well you can't do this. My response... "bulls*&%!" And just proved em wrong. Most of those guys didn't like that. But hell I was a jeep guy once. My first vehicle was a cherokee 4x4. But HBinOH I'm glad there's some jeep guys out there that actualy have respect for other people!