The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

F'n Thieves

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Starting Member
grizzstang is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately there is a lot of money to be made by taking other peoples stuff and there is little to no deterrent for doing it. Until society decides that they have had enough and demand the punishment for these crimes is actually a good reason not to do them then nothing will change.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enoughDiaita will become famous soon enough

I wonder who buys all this stolen stuff? Must be a good market if people keep doing it. I know the guy at the pawn shop gets nervous when I go browsing in his shop. It's almost funny his response when you ask him where he found an item. "Um, oh, this guy...."

Old 07-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Beginning Member
LioNiNoiL is on a distinguished road
Default burglary

Originally Posted by Diaita
who buys all this stolen stuff?
I've sold my own things on Craigslist, eBay, Amazon, and at yard sales – nobody ever asks where they came from, maybe because I don't fit the "burglar" profile. Not long after I bought and moved into my first house (decades ago) I came home from work one day to find the front door had been kicked open, but then shut again. Inside, my adult male black Great Dane was visibly agitated. Nothing was taken, so he no doubt chased the intruder away.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:48 AM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jasongr81
You know what I hate? Me working my butt off everyday for stuff that I want and some low life pc of crap feels the need he needs it more than I do. I got a call from my home security that my window glass sensor was just set off then 5 minutes later my front door sensor went off. I leave work to go home to find my window busted in my 47" flat screen taken and laptop broke and a mess everywhere. I do have a security system and a Boxer that barks everytime she sees someone outside. People these days just dont care anymore. So frustrated. There is about $3000-$4000 worth of stuff taken and destroyed. My neighbor got a description maroon suv with temporary tags on it. Probably stolen as well. Why do we even try anymore?

You didn't call the police from work? Coming home to a break in could leave you open to being shot by the intruder. I keep weapons where I don't need to enter my home for protection. A stainless steel revolver is perfect to keep in the garage.

On the dog, really large dogs tend to be shot by intruders. A smaller dog, about 20-40 pounds is enough to deter intruders but no so large that they will make sure to bring a weapon to kill it. When I bought my house, I moved in on Saturday and on Thursday found my back door open when I came home from work. I don't leave my door open, especially when I'm gone. I had a poddle/terrier mix that was basically "Marine Toilet Paper". She didn't take sh&t of anybody.

By the way, I'm not saying I've done this but if you look for knives at garage sales and swap meets, if you shoot an intruder, a kinfe ehth your finger prints cleaned off but pressed into the body of the intruder and dropped next to his body sure stops a lot of problems.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:27 AM
Starting Member
Vahomboy is on a distinguished road

I have a friend expolice and he says you never say shoot to kill, you shot to stop him and you were in fear for your life. But why did you shoot him 15 times then? I ran out of bullets!

Old 07-25-2013, 06:37 AM
Jasongr81 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
You didn't call the police from work? Coming home to a break in could leave you open to being shot by the intruder. I keep weapons where I don't need to enter my home for protection. A stainless steel revolver is perfect to keep in the garage.

On the dog, really large dogs tend to be shot by intruders. A smaller dog, about 20-40 pounds is enough to deter intruders but no so large that they will make sure to bring a weapon to kill it. When I bought my house, I moved in on Saturday and on Thursday found my back door open when I came home from work. I don't leave my door open, especially when I'm gone. I had a poddle/terrier mix that was basically "Marine Toilet Paper". She didn't take sh&t of anybody.

By the way, I'm not saying I've done this but if you look for knives at garage sales and swap meets, if you shoot an intruder, a kinfe ehth your finger prints cleaned off but pressed into the body of the intruder and dropped next to his body sure stops a lot of problems.
We have ADT security they called us to see if they should call the cops. So they called the cops they were dispatched to respond I got to the house the cops were already there.

The Maroon SUV a Yukon XL with temporary tags drove by last night while we were eating dinner so I jumped up ran to the garage got in the car and tried to follow them to get the plate # but he had already got too far away from me getting the slow garage door open in the car and out. Why would you drive by the next day again to see if anyone was home to do it again?

Old 07-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jasongr81
We have ADT security they called us to see if they should call the cops. So they called the cops they were dispatched to respond I got to the house the cops were already there.

The Maroon SUV a Yukon XL with temporary tags drove by last night while we were eating dinner so I jumped up ran to the garage got in the car and tried to follow them to get the plate # but he had already got too far away from me getting the slow garage door open in the car and out. Why would you drive by the next day again to see if anyone was home to do it again?

He saw some neat stuff he was going to come back and try to get. I did have a guy come back once to try and get the tailgate off my old El Camino a few years back. He took off on foot but I had pulled my truck up against his car and blocked him in. He looked like he was going to try and intimidate me but when I climbed out twirling my fencing pliers with a smile on my face, he rethought it. He was using his girlfriends car to steal stuff. When the cops showed up, I heard she blewup and called around until she found out where he was hiding and then sent the police over there. Between that and the numerous motion detector lights, plus I live on the main route for the cops, I have very little trouble anymore.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:30 PM
10-78 edac is on a distinguished road

Maybe he thought you had the stuff replaced already. Never leave your new TV box on the curb for the trash man without cutting it up first, no need to advertise .

Old 07-25-2013, 11:25 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

You should invest in a camera system. I got the cheap 8 camera one from ebay. It was 200 bucks, plus about 70 for a 2TB hard drive from a computer place (the systemm doesnt come with an HD) Works awesome, motion detect, can add sound. Check them out.

I have also wondered many times now how much of the stuff Ive bought off kijiji was hot. I mean, thats where I grabbed ALL the stereo equipment for my project truck for about 500 bucks only. Ill bet theres tons of stolen stuff on kijiji now that I think about it. I did look for our remote controlled car on there when the suburban was broken into, but never saw it.

Last edited by ohsofly; 07-25-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:05 AM
Beginning Member
Az_S15 is on a distinguished road

some guy got shot last night for braking into a home PD: Phoenix homeowner shoots intruder in face

Quick Reply: F'n Thieves