The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Gas.... its killing me, and im sure its killing all of you.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 07:29 AM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

Man those prices are insane. Hopefully something changes soon.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:46 AM
cage47 is on a distinguished road

I filled up the "Little Easy" yesterday. Well almost. Put a straight $40 and didn't quite fill it. In Houston it's still around 3.65 to 3.80. I filled for $3.66 at walmart. Because of this I bought my first motorcycle last month. 97 Honda Rebel. $7 fills it and lasts me the whole damn week.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:48 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I think with gas prices going up is going to make me start walking places more often. Too bad insurance is so expensive at my age I've almost thought about parking the blaze and buying another daily driver.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:26 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 84BlazerS10
Yeah, I think with gas prices going up is going to make me start walking places more often. Too bad insurance is so expensive at my age I've almost thought about parking the blaze and buying another daily driver.
i know what u mean, thats why my mommy still pays for my insurance =p

she pays like 40-60 bucks a month for my truck, i try to help her out every now and then when i can

Old 04-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

is there even a reason for gas prices atm?

Usually there has to be some natural or man made disaster to cause gas to shoot up.

or are they just jacking it up because they know we will pay for it?

I cannot stand this crap.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

The gas prices are being jacked up because of the conflict in Libya. Remember there is no gas shortage, the oil company's are only predicting there will be a shortage so they jack up the prices just in case they can't pump enough (which will never happen). I'm lucky to have a motorcycle which will be my main mode of transportation. Gas in east lansing is $3.99 and in indiana it is $3.87.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:19 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

We get less than 3% of our oil from Libya. Gas prices are up because we live in a global market. When Egypt was possibly shutting down the Suez Canal and now Libya threatening to lower production, it means the countries that used to buy from Egypt and Libya now have to buy the oil that we usually buy. Demand goes up for the same amount of supply and there goes the price.

Apparently all of this still isn't 'bad' enough to crack open the reserves or even something better - GASP - drill on our own land and use our own oil! Better yet, drop out of the world market and take care of our own!

Old 04-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
We get less than 3% of our oil from Libya. Gas prices are up because we live in a global market. When Egypt was possibly shutting down the Suez Canal and now Libya threatening to lower production, it means the countries that used to buy from Egypt and Libya now have to buy the oil that we usually buy. Demand goes up for the same amount of supply and there goes the price.

Apparently all of this still isn't 'bad' enough to crack open the reserves or even something better - GASP - drill on our own land and use our own oil! Better yet, drop out of the world market and take care of our own!
i read on another forum that our own supply would only last for 32 days.

Havent done any research into it yet tho.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:47 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

Colorado has i think 3 trillion barrels worth. Thats what i heard, but i know there are alot of cars on the road. and i rode my bike to work today!

Old 04-17-2011, 04:54 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

3.99 here and going up daily . I to have purchased a motorcycle , my blazer costs me 30 dollars a day to drive to work
and my bike costs about 8 to 10

Quick Reply: Gas.... its killing me, and im sure its killing all of you.