The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Gas.... its killing me, and im sure its killing all of you.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 09:07 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

He said it's $2.19 a liter and was nice enough to convert his currency to ours and said it was $1.73 USD.

There are 3.78541178 liters in a gallon. 3.78 times $1.73 is $6.548 USD/gallon (so technically $6.55/gallon, sorry).

Old 04-21-2011, 10:14 AM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

oh wow, im dumb haha, every time i think of liters, i think of a 2 liter bottle.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Starting Member
kevlar974 is on a distinguished road

Check your mileage for each octane and then your price per mile for each.
I found that 89 was actually cheaper than 87 because of the increased milage.
93 still wasn't worth the extra money because the price per mile was highest.
example: 89 oct @ $4.00 a gal. divided by 16 mpg = $0.25 cost per mile
87 oct @ $3.80 a gal. divided by 14 mpg = $0.27 cost per mile

Old 04-21-2011, 10:33 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

only used 1/2 tank in the last month.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:00 AM
AuSSenseiter is on a distinguished road

^ Cheater!! How the hell do you do that besides not driving it?

Old 04-22-2011, 07:59 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Gas is around $4.10 per gallon here on Long Island, but I will be driving to New Jersey to pick the kids up from the grandparents house and will fill up there. It is usually around 50 cents less per gallon and they fill up for you. So off to Seaside Park I go.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:07 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kevlar974
Check your mileage for each octane and then your price per mile for each.
I found that 89 was actually cheaper than 87 because of the increased milage.
93 still wasn't worth the extra money because the price per mile was highest.
example: 89 oct @ $4.00 a gal. divided by 16 mpg = $0.25 cost per mile
87 oct @ $3.80 a gal. divided by 14 mpg = $0.27 cost per mile

This is the best way to go. Figure out which octane level gets you the cheapest cost per mile. For me, I get 16mpg with 87, 18mpg with 89 and 21mpg with 91/93. Last time I figured the gas prices that was $.23 a mile on 87, $.21 a mile on 89 and $.18 a mile on 91/93. Another thing that people don't realize is how little the cost differences really make. First of all there's no sense in driving all over town to find the gas station with the lowest price, you're really just wasting money. Let's say there's a $.05 difference between a station next to your house and one all the way across town. Let's say you fill it up at 20 gallons, that's a $1.00 difference in the total. If it takes you more than 4 or 5 miles to drive across town then you've wasted about a $1 because you have to drive back and if it's only a couple of miles then you didn't save anything. Also, so many people are so affraid to try it because they think the fill up on mid or premium grades will cost a great deal more. Around here there's a $.10 difference between grades. So again, if you fill up on 20 gallons then mid will cost you $2.00 more and premium will cost $4.00 more. That's NOT a tremendous difference like most think it is and once again if you figure out the cost per mile that $2 or $4 could end up taking you farther anyway.

Now, on the cost of the gas. Our money hungry, self serving, hypocritical, arsehole politicians will continue to allow us all to get bled dry and make themselves and the oil companies rich for as long as they can. Why should they care? They don't as long as it they continue to get paid. If something would have been done years ago to remedy the problem we might have had a chance. Now there's no easy recovery, we're all going to get flushed down the toilet and the rising cost of gas prices are just the beginning folks.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

My g/f and I just traded in our 04 TrailBlazer for a 08 Toyota Camry. We get 28+ with the Camry where as we were getting MAYBE 17 with the TrailBlazer. I don't dirve my Blazer very often though. My g/f and I both work at the same place (Wells Fargo in different departments thank God). Good thing too, I just put 31" tires on the Blazer and the gas mileage is around 14.3 mpg. Dropped over 2 mpg.

Gas here in Iowa is $3.67 for 89, which is the cheapest around here.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:35 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by AuSSenseiter
^ Cheater!! How the hell do you do that besides not driving it?
i installed gerbils on exercise wheels in conjunction with the engine..................................err....... ...just havent put tons of miles on, school done for the year so dont have to drive there everyday and work only a 15min bike for me (its actually a 15 minute drive to, haha) that and the gf is off racing in europe this month so no need to drive much, which is a relief as city driving i get on average 300-350km per tank....lets just say im fast on a bike

Old 04-23-2011, 01:59 AM
BosseT is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's see: 13.83 SEK/liter, 5.90 SEK/USD, 0.264 liter/gallon.
That is 8.88 USD/gallon in SWEDEN today April 23, 2011!
It is like 140-150 USD every time filling up!

Quick Reply: Gas.... its killing me, and im sure its killing all of you.