Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Getting more MPG than specs state I should :-)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Starting Member
carterx is on a distinguished road

My brother did it twice last year and the second time it took them just over 2.5 days. If this is true, they were pushing it. No stopping for anything but gas and snacks and certainly not doing the speed limit.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:13 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

well of course...the speed limit is just a suggestion .
And I figured it might take you a bit longer with the trailer. but if you haul *** and don't stop to sight see you should be able to make it

Old 05-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Starting Member

Definitely gonna be a full load. Two motorcycle and going to see if I can pack my 7x7 Rubermaid shed into the truck and trailer.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:55 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

my truck spits out dead babies, that pretty much sums up my mpg

Old 05-29-2009, 11:14 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

AHAHA! Sounds like my friends Silverado SS, supercharged, stroked, bored, cams and straight pipes... Sounds beautiful and hauls *** but it loves fuel waaaay too much...

It's almost as bad as a HEMI!

Old 05-29-2009, 11:23 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TheBrettster
my truck spits out dead babies, that pretty much sums up my mpg
ahahahahhahaah thanks for the laugh Brett. Everyone in the office is looking at me funny now.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Starting Member

Not sure if it helps or not, but does elevation help. The higher you are the less air correct? Right now in Kamloops the elevation is around 345-400 meters (1,131 - 1,312 ft). When I get home to NS it's bout -113 to 0m (-371 ft).

With that being said, should I get better gas mileage where I'm closer to sea level?

Old 05-29-2009, 04:41 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

it makes sense to me that youll get better mileage at lower elevations simply because there is more oxygen avalible so it be easier for your engine to breath, i know it works that way for people atleast its always much easier to do a strenuous activity at a lower elevation as compared to being up in the mountains somewhere.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by mikeinwi
it makes sense to me that youll get better mileage at lower elevations simply because there is more oxygen avalible so it be easier for your engine to breath, i know it works that way for people atleast its always much easier to do a strenuous activity at a lower elevation as compared to being up in the mountains somewhere.
Would be great if it works out like that.Compared to where I live now which is very high up compared to back home where it's pretty much at sea level.