Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Guns!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:26 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ABN31B
looks dont matter when all they see is the bore......
I was gonna say that earlier. Don't matter what gun you got, when they see it their gone lol *hit, google how many fake guns have been used in robberies and such. "Police apprehended the suspect with a black spray painted water pistol" lol

Old 02-01-2010, 09:31 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i have seen a live weapon, pointed in anger, from the not-so-safe-side, and i must say i dunno the caliber, but it was the scariest god damn gun in the entire f-ing world.

although, i dunno if this guy would have the same effect .... even the .32 report sounds kindda lame

bottom gun, but in blue not stainless

also here's me in the snow shooting a snow manwith #20 game load. i was trying to quick cycle the pump (use the recoil to cycle the next shell into the chamber by the time you recover from the shot, be back on target with the weapon ready to go again, but i fail on shot 2 or 3 snicker as you will...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G5fJt0JpqY

Last edited by ABN31B; 02-01-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:50 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

not bad... Looking at some 9mm while looking for a FOID card picture... lol

Old 02-01-2010, 11:58 PM
BF Veteran

any in particular?

92f clone?
hi-power clone?
glock block?
clalico M950?

Old 02-02-2010, 12:10 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ABN31B
any in particular?

92f clone?
hi-power clone?
glock block?
clalico M950?
Idk yet....

I would like to spend less than 500-600, because it wont be used to often, but will be at the ready...

I was thinking about a few guns at gander mountain, but I didnt know too much about

http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...1&merchID=4006

But idk.,....

Old 02-02-2010, 12:41 AM
BF Veteran

I like taurus. very underrated manufacturer.... their lock system is phenominal... their 92 clone is nice.

for $600 or less look into:
browning hi-power 9mm (like a mix of a 1911 and a 92f interesting weapon)

the super bland, but crazy efficient and well liked (not by me) Glock 17

taurus Beretta 92f clone (92FS clone is you want tactical goodies)

CZ 75 (Czech combat/tactical browning/92f clone mix)

Sig-Saur P226 (all the worst visual aspects of a glock smashed into a beretta, but damn smooth weapon)

Spring Field *yawn* XD *yawn* i'm sorry this is a well liked weapon, but God is it boring!

Steyr M1(A) <-- i need 4 of these RIGHT NOW!

Smith and Wesson *super yawn!!!!* M&P <-- see xd...

or get baller on that *** and whip out your 1896 Mauser "broom handle" FTW!

some stuff to mull over.
For pistols: pick the ones you like. read reviews on FUNCTIONALITY not preference! handle them see what 'fits' and feels good. then fire them. know your weapon top bottom up down left and right. you will find one you dig
i just hope it's not a glock...

also know that you can get most in long slide, full length, tactical, compact, sub-compact.... with integral rail (univeral, picatinny, weaver) trijicon night sight, hi-viz sights, graduated sights, adjustable sights.
Different finishes like synthetic, wood, blue, stainless, matte, subdued, etc
know that a heavier pistol tends to handle recoil better, as does a longer barrel....
know that lighter pistol is easier to carry as is a shorter barrel.
know that slide mounted safeties are more prone to failure than frame mounted safeties.
know that the best safety their is is not being an f-ing moron (you are the best safety)
know that if you get a rail and attach a vertical foregrip, and you take it to a decent range/a cop sees you, prepare to cough up the ATF documentation for your compact SMG
know that lasers are cool , lights are useful , laser/light combos cost more and are too busy for when you need them.
know that houge grips rock your socks.
know that a holster is dumb unless you CC or want to flaunt your seccond amendment rights via your drop/leg holster.... (just use the supplied case FFS)
gun locks kill people. cable locks hurt pistols. locked weapons are not handy if needed.
locked weapons can not be "accidentaly fired", are safer for transportation's sake, and your kids/buddies wont hurt you/themselves whn they find them alone/drunk
once you buy a weapon, get at least 3 magazines for it (maekss range time WAY more fun, not bang, load, bang bang, damn it load)
try to buy more weapons of a matching caliber as you get more (i.e. stick to as few types as you can so ammo is less specialized)
try to load up on ammo (9mm can be scare at times) and always keep at least 100 rounds on hand at any time (no never know whe...AH Zombies!!! good time i have 500 rounds in this case by my shotgun!)

so much opinion to puke onto you.... i hope i am not over bearring and if you are still reading this far in, you must think i'm a know it all a-hole. trying not to be.... just trying to help you make an informed purchase, not 2 pac has a gat so i need a a glock son! blat blat kind of dumb sh*t you see a lot of first time buys do (i did )

barrel axis! the angle of the dangle when it comes to slide action and the grip = comfort and ease of target re-acquisition after the initial shot.

i'll spout off more later *is tired*

too bad i cant talk blazers this well

Last edited by ABN31B; 02-02-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:48 AM
BF Veteran

BTW: all of the pictures i supplied show full length and tactical length pistols because you said CC was not an option....

also you will need one of these because a handgun isn't scary enough when pointed at you

and i forgot the ruger SR9 <-- fairly meh all around

Last edited by ABN31B; 02-02-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:04 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Hmm... so there is no concealed carry in Ill? That sucks. Lot's of good info from curtis here though, for myself I prefer a 911 .45 similar to one that was pictured earlier. But as I''m sure that curtis mentioned earlier when seconds count, you don't want to be unsure of what's in your hand. That's what's great about double action revolvers. They don't jam and your finger is the safety. As curtis also said if you can't hit something within six shots...

But in the end it comes down to price and preference. I absolutely have to agree with curtis on this subject.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:09 AM
BF Veteran

glad we are on board again

i re-accept your endorsement!

as for the revolvers entering in they have a very cool little bonus feature...
you trade 5-12 rounds and much slower reloading time for it....
but you can leave rounds in a revolver indeffinitely.... no magaizine springs to wear out.... grab and go. not to mention (back to the first post) .357 is so SO nice

Old 02-02-2010, 01:22 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

I had a Ruger .38 Special revolver with a six inch stainless barrel and packmeyer grips. It even had a boise pd tracking number on it. I spent alot of rounds getting the sight picture down with that one. So when I carried it on a job that I used to work I had two speedloaders so about 18 +P hollow points.

That vs I also had a Ruger P-90 .45 again nice gun and lots of rounds getting the sight picture down. But when I had a Thompson (American Arms) 1911 .45 original fixed sights, it came very natural to me, my first round was right where I was aiming. Only down fall was weak spring in magazine causing a jam on the last two rounds, also no decock so not wise to carry one in the chamber unless you have a steady hand to controll the hammer so you don't fire off a round by accident.

In the end I have to say a semi auto for on the job/ cc carry and revolver for home defense. Like I said before revolvers don't jam.

Quick Reply: Guns!