The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Help me choose a welder!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Help me choose a welder!

This welder makes it easy, but I have been welding since I was 8 or 9... Growing up on a cash crop farm has its benefits! Dad's stuff is just a LOT bigger than what I wanted. If I need to weld something heavy or it is a critical weld, I'll just use his MIG welder. He has an old Lincoln buzz box that I learned to weld with as well as an Ltec (Esab) Migmaster 250.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:36 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Help me choose a welder!

Well, after all the hemmin' and hawin' I went ahead with 140hd weld pak. About $525. Spent most of the day sunday welding straight...or well mostly straight line. But welding some stuff together. I can definitely see i'm gonna get some practice with a hammer and dolly...or be more patient and spot weld further apart to keep from warping so bad.

I talked with a buddy and he suggested heating the warped areas and using dry ice to "re-shrink" the warped areas. Any body tried this one?