Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Hey Blazer people!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 09:06 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default Hey Blazer people!

Man it's been forever since I've popped into this board O.O I've been super busy lately, and my life has really changed recently! I just wanted to drop in and tell everyone I'm still around, I'm still in CT if there's another other blazer drivers in CT here But what has changed in my life recently is I have met the love of my life I've known her for a little over a year, we met at a convention last October strictly by chance. We talked on facebook and stuff, commenting on each others statuses and stuff. We became better friends maybe 4 or 5 months ago when we roomed together at a convention, and november 1st we asked each other out, well she pretty much did most of it lol. But yeah, 2 months later and I've never been happier I'm still driving my Blazer around, hoping for at least a little bit of snow so I can go 4 wheeling this winter, but mother nature isn't quite cooperating lol. The Blazer is starting to show some rust here and there, but easily fixable in the spring. I have some things planned like a new back bumper, i have a new front valance to replace that baby s*** green one, some new sway bar end links, some new gauges and some other little touches. Some mechanical things I need to fix as well, but such is life Many of you know also what I do for a hobby, but I'm sure since last time I've dropped by here many new people have signed up. So for those who don't know what I do in my free time, I am a furry (if you couldn't figure it out by my avatar lol) and I've gotten a new fursuit 2 months ago It's of the original character I thought up 5 years ago when I first started doing this, I've had him made once before but by someone who wasn't quite experienced in making them and it fell apart. This time I went with someone more professional and experienced...and I've attached a picture of what he looks like, and yes I am wearing him and yes I am that tall lol. First pic is me and my girlfriend I'm 6'7" normally, but the suit makes me about 7'5" :P

Just recently a few weeks ago I came back from Chicago and as many of you probably heard on the news....yes I was a part of that large scale evacutaion of over 4000 people at the Hyatt Regency in Rosemont IL. Someone had the bright idea to throw a jar filled with chlorine powder and i believe another substance, into a stairwell in the main part of the hotel around the 9th floor. The fumes spread to all the rooms on the 9th and 10th floor, 19 people were hospitalized with internal burning from the gas, all were released in due time thank goodness. It was definitely a scary thing once I learned exactly why the fire alarms were going off.....we spent about 3 1/2 almost 4 hours evacuated, luckily they opened the Rosemont convention hall across the street for us to stay warm. And in a couple weeks from now I will be in San Jose CA at another convention....and in March I will be crossing the border for one in Toronto which I am super excited for!

I should also add that last winter I blew the transmission :/ The sunshell gear completely shredded....for a while my blazer had been not shifting properly from park to drive....taking a while to change gears. Well finally one morning while on the way to work....BAM! I lost 3rd and 4th, lost reverse, and my RPM's went insane just doing like 5mph. Luckily I was a couple blocks from work. I managed to get it home after work, and to a garage. 1500$ later, it runs like a champ and they replaced the gear with one that will never break

So yeah, that's how my life has been going lately, besides working like crazy at my actual job lol. Hopefully everyone who still remembers me from years ago is still hanging in there, and to everyone who doesn't know who I am.....HI!

KEEP ON BLAZIN!!

Attached Thumbnails Hey Blazer people!-1012974_1741069852785131_8149783038958550172_n_zps1c2cbc4b.jpg   Hey Blazer people!-img_1786_zpsa108940a.jpg  

Last edited by davtak; 12-30-2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Dave! Glad to see you back and hear that you are doing well (although I do see and read your facebook updates)! Also glad to hear that you still have the Blazer and are having fun with your furry conventions!

My brother and his wife live out in Torrington and we'll be coming to see them the weekend of Valentine's Day. We'll be going to a hockey game on the 14th in Hamden.

Happy New Year man and don't be a stranger!

Old 01-10-2015, 09:18 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Glad to hear things are going well!