The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

hitting my very first convention!! *pics added*

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:58 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

resize your darn photos. i can't see anything because of how big they are!

Old 11-02-2010, 08:56 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Kyle swooped in and saved the day

Old 11-02-2010, 08:59 PM
BF Veteran

i figured he would soon enough haha

Old 11-02-2010, 09:49 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Sorry about that, i posted them and my laptop battery went dead O_o Thanks for resizing them for me

What's the matter Brett, did that shock you. You know I'm nuts lol. I'm looking forward to doing that again soon. There is a group that gets together in northern Delaware and goes bowling that I hope to go to someday after the holidays are past. Then in June is Anthrocon in Pittsburgh, the biggest furry convention on the eastern US, then next October is time for FurFright again. Now it's time for a couple new tires, i found a indenture in the steel belt of the front drivers side tire that was causing a nasty wobble and pulling to the left. I'm running the spare right now.

Had another badge done for me by a friend of a friend...

Last edited by davtak; 11-02-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:46 PM
BF Veteran

the pictures weren't your's Dave. it was the last post on page 2. there were a bunch of maps that were impossible to see because they were so big

Old 11-03-2010, 01:57 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davtak
Sorry about that, i posted them and my laptop battery went dead O_o Thanks for resizing them for me

What's the matter Brett, did that shock you. You know I'm nuts lol. I'm looking forward to doing that again soon. There is a group that gets together in northern Delaware and goes bowling that I hope to go to someday after the holidays are past. Then in June is Anthrocon in Pittsburgh, the biggest furry convention on the eastern US, then next October is time for FurFright again. Now it's time for a couple new tires, i found a indenture in the steel belt of the front drivers side tire that was causing a nasty wobble and pulling to the left. I'm running the spare right now.

Had another badge done for me by a friend of a friend...
Nothing wrong with that, I found find it mind blowing on how you'd confront a rather large audience with that. To be honest, good for you Dave.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:04 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Thanks Brett You would be surprised on how much of a tourist attraction it is. People come from all over just to view the convention. There is something about putting on a head to toe costume and nobody knowing who you really are that makes it fun. With me, it's a little bit of a give-away cause I'm soo tall, but still. Lime my mom said, as long as I am staying safe and having fun, it's all good. It might be a little expensive at times, but i do have alot of fun. I wasnt able to get that picture of furries piled into my blazer cause I am new to the scene and nobody knows me yet. Maybe after I start getting involved in other things and start becoming well known, then I can get that picture. I did catch a few furries eyeing my blazer, but then again how can you not lol.

Old 11-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by davtak
none taken, i know it's not for everyone. A lot of people don't understand it and a bunch don't want to understand it. It's all for fun for me and it's always for a good cause. i got home last night from the convention and they raised almost $13,000 for the U.S. War Dogs Foundation. I love seeing the look on peoples faces and especially the kids, it's like a visit to disney world for them and they love it. Everyone has something that they like to do for fun, and half the time it's a little quirky, and this is mine

I don't understand.. but im always up for some new knowledge. From what i know about it, which may or may not be accurate, its basically a giant costume party but instead of regular kinds of costumes its all animals and theres clans of sort where different furries of the same type or breed, such as dogs and cats, get together and become united and such.

And that video, that just looks awsome. Do you guys talk when youre in costume? Is there seriosuly like warrior firrues with swords and such? I seen one walk by that looked like it had armor and a wicked *** curve blade. Is it like a anime convention of types where you have battles with eachother? Wearing the costume, would it be like being a mascott for a football team, such as if the head gets pulled off then it's gloves off and someone is geting their face stomped in for real type stuff? Cuz i know at my old high school, the mascotte was always told you can joke fight with the other guy, cuz its entertaining but if he pulls your head off beat his *** until he can't move. Is this the same way? Sorry for all the questions but now im really intrigued

Last edited by Senshi09; 11-04-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Senshi09
I don't understand.. but im always up for some new knowledge. From what i know about it, which may or may not be accurate, its basically a giant costume party but instead of regular kinds of costumes its all animals and theres clans of sort where different furries of the same type or breed, such as dogs and cats, get together and become united and such.

And that video, that just looks awsome. Do you guys talk when youre in costume? Is there seriosuly like warrior firrues with swords and such? I seen one walk by that looked like it had armor and a wicked *** curve blade. Is it like a anime convention of types where you have battles with eachother? Wearing the costume, would it be like being a mascott for a football team, such as if the head gets pulled off then it's gloves off and someone is geting their face stomped in for real type stuff? Cuz i know at my old high school, the mascotte was always told you can joke fight with the other guy, cuz its entertaining but if he pulls your head off beat his *** until he can't move. Is this the same way? Sorry for all the questions but now im really intrigued
There's not really any groups of species or anything. Basically everyone is everyones friend. I had people I never met before walking up to me and giving me a hug. It was soo much fun.

Most do talk in costume only when they are around others in costume, but in some areas some choose not to talk. It all depends on what you want your character to be. The con badge I had don has my character holding a samurai sword. They do have a board game room with roleplaying games and such, not really like an anime convention though. I've been to one of those and only saw two fursuits, everyone was cosplaying as anime and video game characters. No no, one of the rules is you are not supposed to remove your head in any place of the con, only on the upper floors away from crowds and in the headless lounge (small room set aside for fursuitters to go and cool off). There is no fighting anywhere, everyone is really freindly and there to have fun. There is stuff like pouncing and tackling going on, but lightly and in fun. I can honestly say that I can't wait for the next convention. There are furry conventions all over the place, the ones I know of is Anthrocon in Pittsburgh, FA United in Jersey, Califur in California, and there is tons more all over the US. There is also a group of furries that get together once a month and go bowling in the Jersey area, they go out to dinner and go bowling one friday a month in northern dealware for charity The best thing is that every furry convention and outings are all for charity. I have been watching youtube videos for almost a year about furry conventions and some of the people that go, and then to be there and see them in person was a great experience!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QULTZzOzS0Y