Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

How many time you see this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 07:33 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough
Default How many time you see this?

Today a car came to our shop that needed some exhaust repair . So We pulled it in the shop and lifted it up and couldn't beleave what I saw . The pipe just before the muffler looked like it had a bees nest hooked to it , wrapped right up with duct tape . But I guess it didn't work well , gave us all a good laugh though .

Old 10-22-2010, 09:32 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I worked for Midas for 10 years before I started working for a dealership and we saw many strange things holding together exhaust systems but I do not remember any duct tape. The worst think I ever saw/smelled was a customer had run over a goat in a Toyota or something like that and the meat, bone, hair and what not got all mashed into the flex pipe with the mesh on it and was cooking on the exhaust all the cleaning in the world did not help so he opted to replace the complete system front to back minus the cat.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Trip.. is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DKSDAD
I worked for Midas for 10 years before I started working for a dealership and we saw many strange things holding together exhaust systems but I do not remember any duct tape. The worst think I ever saw/smelled was a customer had run over a goat in a Toyota or something like that and the meat, bone, hair and what not got all mashed into the flex pipe with the mesh on it and was cooking on the exhaust all the cleaning in the world did not help so he opted to replace the complete system front to back minus the cat.
Eewww...

I hit a skunk with an old RX-7 and the skunks butt region got stuck on the muffler clamps. It smelled excellent!

Old 10-23-2010, 07:31 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I worked at a dealership years ago, and the detail kid at the time undercoated THE WHOLE bottom of a brand new truck, diffs, backing plates, ebrake cables, and exhaust. That smelled nasty. Ive always taped off the stuff that shouldnt be undercoated, but thats just me... Someone never showed this kid how to do it right.

My friend had an ex gf (he thinks, hes kinda a dink so it could be anyone) pour sardine water or tuna water into that vent by the wiper cowl... I think he drove it for a week before turning it in for a new car. That was just nasty.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Trip.. is on a distinguished road

That's so sick! I love it, what a great idea!

Old 10-24-2010, 11:47 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

my friend works at monro muffler and he says duct tape passes inspection, lol not a duct tape ball holding the pipe on but sealing a hole in the muffler or pipe