The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

How's Work Going?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dweeberman
Well lets see...i work in El Dorado Hills, CA for a Private Investigations Office. I have worked here for 2 years in the Administration department. Our company is based on Automotive repossessions when people default on their loans so our business is well....doing quite well! On my end of the repo agency, i locate you with every tool i have in my arsenal based on all your information. We use your family as our resources, your neighbors, hell we might even use your dog Once we locate your whereabouts we send a tow truck (repo agent) out there to scout the area and if they spot your car, truck, boat, travel trailer, recreational vehicles, motor homes, and more, we throw it on the tow truck and drive off. Being that someone goes in default and if you have a lien on your vehicle, that vehicle is technically not yours until it is paid off. So we get the clients unit back for them (client examples - Ally Financial, Toyota, Ford, BMW and hundreds more)...might be a little different then some other jobs but it pays my bills (sort of)...being that im pretty young (just turned 21) i dont make much now but the possibilities here are endless. There you all have it, thats my work life feel free to ask questions if you have any!
I got a question.. how do i get into this line of work? Do I need any kind of special license to drive a tow truck? Where do I go to sign up? Do I need a special degree? I wouldn't mind jacking peoples rides from them. You make it sound easy and fun, but i know in reality the people get pissed and flip out and such. But it still sounds fun to be able to just ride up on someone and just yank thier vehicle right out from under them.

Hey mike, sorry bout the lay off.. it sucks ***. Your buddy has fallen into the hole of almost no escape.. a hole that many have found themselves falling into. I knwo because I worked for McDonalds for 2 years of my life before.. its definitely not somewhere to work. Why not join me and become a repo agent with Dweeberman

(Im serious bout the question Dweeberman, I really do want to be a repo agent but have no clue on how to do it.)

Old 09-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Dweeberman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Senshi09
I got a question.. how do i get into this line of work? Do I need any kind of special license to drive a tow truck? Where do I go to sign up? Do I need a special degree? I wouldn't mind jacking peoples rides from them. You make it sound easy and fun, but i know in reality the people get pissed and flip out and such. But it still sounds fun to be able to just ride up on someone and just yank thier vehicle right out from under them.

Hey mike, sorry bout the lay off.. it sucks ***. Your buddy has fallen into the hole of almost no escape.. a hole that many have found themselves falling into. I knwo because I worked for McDonalds for 2 years of my life before.. its definitely not somewhere to work. Why not join me and become a repo agent with Dweeberman

(Im serious bout the question Dweeberman, I really do want to be a repo agent but have no clue on how to do it.)
Well i dont work for a tow company that drives the tow trucks so instructing you on how to do so may be misleading. If you research it on the internet you can find many different ways. Certain states do Requires licenses (CA, FL). My company sits on computers and uses your info (SSN, DOB's, Family, Every address you have reported to, every phone you have in your name and where the bill goes for that phone and more). I did a quick search for you and its pretty simple but i know there is more in depth stuff. your best shot is literally to call tow companies in your area and ask if they are also a repo agency. If yes, then hopefully they are helpful enough to give you instructions about how to go about getting into that profession. Here is the quick link i found (i am not supporting anythin lol) How to Become a Repo Man | eHow.com but this was just a quick search i found. Could be useful for you and anyone else interested (keep the questions coming if need be )

Old 09-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dweeberman
Well i dont work for a tow company that drives the tow trucks so instructing you on how to do so may be misleading. If you research it on the internet you can find many different ways. Certain states do Requires licenses (CA, FL). My company sits on computers and uses your info (SSN, DOB's, Family, Every address you have reported to, every phone you have in your name and where the bill goes for that phone and more). I did a quick search for you and its pretty simple but i know there is more in depth stuff. your best shot is literally to call tow companies in your area and ask if they are also a repo agency. If yes, then hopefully they are helpful enough to give you instructions about how to go about getting into that profession. Here is the quick link i found (i am not supporting anythin lol) How to Become a Repo Man | eHow.com but this was just a quick search i found. Could be useful for you and anyone else interested (keep the questions coming if need be )
you know, i have that same page saved to my favorites and decided to go to the companies tomorrow. After responding to you is when I did my research and found 3 local tow companies. So far for ohio, i found you just need a regular license to drive tow truck unless you are driving the bigguns/car haulers then you need a cdl. but tomorrow will give me as much info as i can get directly.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Dweeberman is on a distinguished road

Well i am glad i was able to help expand your horizon in the workforce Let me know what information you get back and how easy/hard it will be to get started. And if you were able to possibly be hired or get an interview.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I work in the Manufacturing Industry and the company I work for builds mainly attachments for excavators/ Wheel loaders.I am an Inside Sales Coordinator and we have been busy since last September. I spent this past winter up in Ft. McMurray working in our restoration facility running the office up there and living in camp during the week and flying home Friday night and flying back up on Monday mornings....We can not hire enough Welders/ Fitters at the moment and our Build time is around 18 Weeks at the moment and a year ago we were at 4-6 Weeks.....Just and example of the pick up. BTW I am located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.