Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Huge Coincidence lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 12:35 AM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Huge Coincidence lol

So I've been looking at Cobalts and I know they have electric power steering problems failing from research. So I sent an email 2 days ago to GM asking if they have fixed the problem or not. And told them they should before someone wants to press charges because it is an obvious defect and has caused accidents. I sent them this link to CarComplaints.com.

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Chevrol..._failure.shtml

Well I just saw this on a headline on the yahoo homepage.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100302/...e/us_gm_recall

I know my email didn't do anything because a recall takes months to plan and figure out. But I just thought it was funny.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:24 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'd stay away from Cobalt's and G5's...they're a headache just waiting for you. They have massive issues with clunking in the front end. Just about every front end suspension part will have to be replaced within a few years. I've seen quite a few where people have replaced tie rods, bushings, control arms, etc. etc. etc. Literally an entire new front end on them.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:12 AM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I just like the idea of the good gas mileage, and I wouldn't get one without a supercharger and a 5 speed. Those are all easy to replace. I do admit, I do see a lot of little problems with them.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:25 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Easy yes, but it gets costly replacing all of those parts to get rid of a clunk. I suppose a lot of it would be under warranty though.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:09 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I almost got a '07 Cobalt SS back in Mar '07 but instead got a brand spankin' new '06 Monte Carlo for a few reasons.

The Monte just seemed to be put together better and a more "sophisticated" vehicle. Milage, horse power and curb weight were all extremely close with the Monte having the 3.1L V6 and the Cobalt having the 2.2L I4 with the supercharger. The Monte interior was quite a bit larger and trunk size was huge compared to the Cobalt.

But after driving the Monte for the last few years I have to say the BIGGEST benefit is not having young punks wanting to street race me at every light. And, believe me, that was a HUGE selling point for the Monte. No regrets in getting the Monte Carlo over the Cobalt.

Funny thing is GM/Chevy doesn't even advertise the Monte Carlo but I really like the car.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Starting Member
megaroos_00 is an unknown quantity at this point

And to think, GM's sales were up last month possibly due to Toyota, who knows. If/when I due decide to purchase another car, the only GM vehicle I'd own would be a Buick Enclave. Here's hoping the Blazer sticks around for a long time.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Beginning Member
1994BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2008 Cobalt SS/TC with all bolt ons and an HP Tuned. I run 12.7s at the track and absolutely love it. Part of the reason im here lol bought a DD blazer to keep my car from racking up mileage and gettin all ****ed up lol. Looks like ill be going to GM soon to get it fixed. onces the weather gets warmer

Old 03-02-2010, 10:00 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

The Enclave is really nice. Always liked those.
I wouldn't buy a Cobalt anyways(Back on Topic!) they look cheap, and already out of date. Civic's a better buy.
I like GM, but until they can relieve themselves of Gov't control, I don't plan on buying a new one. Then again, by the time I can buy a new car, they'll hopefully be their own company again.