Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Huh?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road
Default Huh?

I'll admit, I don't text. I see little point in it. Unless my boss needs informatiol in a meeting, I won't have anything to do with it. I don't visit Facebook either as they mine your personal information and sell it. How do you think Zuckerberg became a Billionaire? I don't tweet either.

I was driving home from work today and listening to NPR. That is about as untrendy as you can get. The announcer made a comment about something and then said he tweeted it.

Why? If I'm driving and listening to the radio, I'm not looking at my phone, or however you get tweets. It's like contests that say "no purchase required". You have to have a valid Facebook account to enter though. So I'm buying an entry with my personal information.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:35 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

lol the art of communication is dead, i find texting useful if you need to send something to someone you don want to talk to, say like a relitive or someone you will call and they wont shut up you can just say something like "im on my way" i really dont facebook or twitter either, i do have a facebook but its just somethign to read while im fishing or whatever

also another good thing i use texting for is at my work, everytime we get a car in i can just text the vin and miles from my phone to the front computer, way quicker then writing and the guy up front doesnt have to retype it he can just copy and paste.

it is funny seeing like 4 kids in a car and everyone is staring at their phones

Old 05-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by abig84
also another good thing i use texting for is at my work, everytime we get a car in i can just text the vin and miles from my phone to the front computer, way quicker then writing and the guy up front doesnt have to retype it he can just copy and paste.

it is funny seeing like 4 kids in a car and everyone is staring at their phones

At work is the only time I text. I think I've sent maybe 12 text messages in the last 2 years. My boss will need information and I send it to him via text.

A few years ago, my niece was in the back seat with one of her friends. They were texting each other. When I asked her why not talk, she said she didn't think about it.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I text everyone but that's because I spend so much time on the phone at work that I hate to be on it in my personal time. About the only people I actually talk to are my Gma (no cell) and my mom (has a cell but still learning how to properly use its functions) and I am starting to see that her and I are even texting more.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:36 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i like facebook for classified groups....great parts source...and to aggravate people.

i have no need to whine on facebook