The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Hurricane prep

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 04:11 PM
ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road

My power went out overnight, but came on this morning. Mostly wind and rain, but no flooding. Ironic that last year, there wasn't much damage downstate and upstate got flooded, but this time the storm spared most of upstate and downstate got flooded.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

We had no power outage in my area my parents however did lose power , as of yet no flooding but a lot of rain and its still raining so flooding could still be an issue.We had high winds last night and that was about it. So far we've got lucky

Old 10-30-2012, 08:10 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Was out today

Looking around town to see if there was much damage.Alot of trees/limbs down scattered power outages and alot of traffic signals not working so driving was alot of fun.I heard on the local news we actualy had hurricane cat 1 force winds here last night.For now winds have died down but its still raining so minor flooding could be an issue.Lost TV and internet at about 5;25pm just now got it restored.Looks like to worst is behind us now thank Goodness.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:38 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I made out well through Sandy unlike last year with Irene. No damage to my house but my parents house is a different story. My parents live down in Seaside Park NJ righ on the bay. They had 5 foot waves braking on their house until their garage doors gave up and the water came into the garage work shop area. They also lost both cars Malibu and the Trailblazer which I told my father when he gets a new car I wanted, I guess thats not happening now. The first picture was taken this summer and the second was taken Tuesday.

Attached Thumbnails Hurricane prep-house-1.jpg   Hurricane prep-house-2.jpg  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:25 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default Glad your ok

Sorry about your parents/place.I know you have probaly heard this but you guys on the East coast have another Noreaster coming your way.Shouldnt be as bad as Sandy but I know you guys dont need anymore rain or wind.