Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

I think I'll sell mine for 10k!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about
Default I think I'll sell mine for 10k!!

I was searching CL today and came across this. Please tell me if I am the only one that thinks this guy is crazy. Sure mine is 4 yrs older but mine has 20k less miles, doesn't leak oil, and the only TLC my truck needs is whatever the next real accessory I decide to add to it. Not the factory options that this guy has listed as accessories. I just don't understand people. But oh yeah its a great deal since he already took $1500 off his original asking price. Sorry for the flame but I just dislike rediculous people.
Chevy blazer (updated and price reduced!)

Old 03-08-2012, 11:04 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Sorry, Rex.. it's you who's got the problem. I agree 5.5 wastoo high, but I think $4000 is a good price for it, Assuming I didnt find problems in the suspension and steering when I drove it.
Just to be clear..Rule of thumb after many years of observation - the more owner added stuff on a car, the less it's worth.
ahem, you brought it up.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I completly agree with you that the more you add the less its worth. I would probably only ask maybe $3k for mine if I sold it today and that would be a big stretch. I still think $4k is way to high for it tho. Espescially considering the fact that it has an oil leak. Although common on our trucks its still something that can get pricey to fix. Not to mention I see these things going all day in the $2000-3000 range or less with the same or less miles and same condition. I would like to know how many miles are on the "rebuilt" motor. I just think anyone that pays for $4k for this is paying to much. But again I am no expert nor do I plan to buy it. If someone feels they are getting a good deal and wants to pay that good for them but I still feel its just too much.

Edit: And he states "however, it does need a little work"

Old 03-08-2012, 01:42 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

I think people get carried away honestly. There is a difference between someone's expectations and what actually happens. Sometimes I think people blur the line between these two.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:55 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I picked up my 93 Jimmy with 168k miles for 2400....
But then again it had new upper and lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, rear axle, battery, spider assembly and nut kit, fuel pump, full set of new tires (not even 300 miles on them) including a matching new spare) fully loaded with leather, digi dash and keyless entry, and such a small amount of rust that would take all of a day to fix.. Also came with every document of every part that was replaced on it from the day he got it 15 years ago...

I would say 4k is not a terrible price for this one. I would go there with 3700 cash and see if he would take it.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:28 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

It's perhaps a little high, but not unreasonably high at all. As far as the oil leak... he said he discovered it, but doesn't say anything about how bad it is, where it is, etc. Could just be a weeping around a seal that doesn't even require a quart of oil per oil change.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:05 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by richphotos
I picked up my 93 Jimmy with 168k miles for 2400....
But then again it had new upper and lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, rear axle, battery, spider assembly and nut kit, fuel pump, full set of new tires (not even 300 miles on them) including a matching new spare) fully loaded with leather, digi dash and keyless entry, and such a small amount of rust that would take all of a day to fix.. Also came with every document of every part that was replaced on it from the day he got it 15 years ago...

I would say 4k is not a terrible price for this one. I would go there with 3700 cash and see if he would take it.
Dang Rich, I believe you got a heck of deal! lol. That Jimmy sounds extremely well taken care of and the guy probably put more into it then he got out which usually happens. Nice find.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe I am off a little but I guess that may be because of what I see them going for all the time and the fact that I only paid $2k for mine with only 112k on the clock. I still wouldn't pay a cent more than $2500 for it. I guess to each his own!! Like I said I'm not buying it I just think it's to much. I would never attempt to stop someone from buying for his asking price I just wanted some opinions.