Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

IPod Apps

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 10:46 PM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road
Default IPod Apps

I recently got an IPod Touch and thought i would make a topic about some cool apps i found. If you yourself have some sweet apps id like to know what they are!

Bix
- its a really fun game where you control a ball which you have to draw lines to try and color in atleast 75% of the screen. While you do this other ***** are moving around inside the screen and cant touch your lines or you while you are drawing. its very addicting and well worth your dollar.

Cigarettes - a cool app for smokers. every time you smoke you push a button to keep track of how many smokes you, well... smoked. you put the price of your pack of cigarettes in and it tells you how much you have spent and, how much each cigarette actually is. i myself think its funny to see how much i smoke in a day. another cool feature is it graphs out when you smoked. its just plain awesome.

Plants Vs. Zombies - if you have been living under a rock or dont play PC games... PVZ is a game ported over from the PC. You collect sun and use it to plant pea shooters in your yard to keep zombies from getting into your house. I could go so far into detail with this game its ridiculous, but to keep it short, it is well worth the 2.99. Its so addicting i was 10 mins early to work and walked in 10 mins late...

if anyone else has any apps that are well worth being visited please post! or if you would like to add to mine go right ahead.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:57 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Pandora - My favorite App. Streaming music right to your iPod. If you love music like me, this is an app for you. It plays an artist you search for, and also plays music in the same Genre.

textPlus
- I like texting, but since all I have until I get a new contract is a Go-phone, I use this to text my friends. No multimedia though.

Google Earth - Do you like looking down on earth like a god? There's an app for that!

WeatherBug - now, they have two versions. Lite, which is free, and Elite, which is $.99, the elite gives you automated maps, and other things I forget about.

Labyrinth 3D - I like this game. It's challenging, entertaining, and almost realistic.

All of these apps are available for free, too! I'm a cheapskate, so I enjoy free stuff.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:14 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Every Trail - GPS tracking tool for hiking, off roading, biking, etc. You can share your saved trips with friends. You'll find mine under my same name... LuvMyTJ. Here's a sample from my saved trips... http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=250507

HUD +3 - Heads up speedometer & more. Very cool.

Mint - gotta track your dolla bill's ya'll

LetMeKnow - Lets you know a variety of things you choose in real time.

and of course...

Talking Carl - Halarious Talking Carl! If you haven't seen Talking Carl, check him out!

I have other good ones to share if you are jail broken...

Old 03-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Starting Member
JShark is on a distinguished road

question on jail breaking... is there any down sides to jail breaking? also it says you get free apps how does that work?

Old 03-15-2010, 10:20 AM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JShark
question on jail breaking... is there any down sides to jail breaking? also it says you get free apps how does that work?
There have only been upsides for me. I have had iPhones since they came out, and I have jailbroken them all. As much as I love Apple (never owned a Windows PC, only Macs), they are very controlling when it comes to the app store. Many good apps have been rejected by Apple for whatever reason and shown up in Cydia (an alternative app store). If you ever have an issue that requires your iPhone/iPod to go in for service, just restore it to factory specs with iTunes.

There are free apps in the app store. Also, there are pirated apps, which we will not discuss here.