Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Its storm season- Lets see them photos!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 07:24 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about
Default Its storm season- Lets see them photos!

Well its that time again, and being a storm chaser and a photographer, you can bet I am all over storm pics. Does anyone else enjoy capturing photos of storms?
Lets see them!
Here are some I got the other night of some lightning (sorry about the quality, converting to JPEG and uploading to photobucket hits the quality pretty bad)

Attached Thumbnails Its storm season- Lets see them photos!-dsc_5510_zpsa58cc52c.jpg   Its storm season- Lets see them photos!-dsc_5553_zps128ef3f7.jpg   Its storm season- Lets see them photos!-dsc_5522_zpsc8eb81ef.jpg   Its storm season- Lets see them photos!-dsc_5493_zpsd42180f4.jpg   Its storm season- Lets see them photos!-dsc_5502_zpseb1914ac.jpg  

Its storm season- Lets see them photos!-dsc_5534_zpsd71b479f.jpg   Its storm season- Lets see them photos!-dsc_5608_zps46f0d775.jpg   Its storm season- Lets see them photos!-dsc_5597_zpsc1872680.jpg  
Old 05-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Sweet pics man!

Old 05-09-2014, 09:39 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Thanks dude. I got more photos that night than I had in the last 2 storm seasons. This season is going to be good I think. Got El nino kickin up.
Also, if you look in that last photo, that cloudy white that is illuminated by the lightning, that is the hail core. It dropped quarter size hail here at the house for about 10 minutes. awesome that I was able to capture it lit up by the lightning.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:47 PM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road

Rich, I love storm photos. I've always wanted to do that sort of stuff. Maybe I'll get myself a camera soon... And I can join you in this escapade! I live in Cincinnati so there's no shortage of storms here. That second photo is freakin' amazing. I love how it captures the sheer velocity of the bolt.

Old 05-10-2014, 12:13 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Badco
Rich, I love storm photos. I've always wanted to do that sort of stuff. Maybe I'll get myself a camera soon... And I can join you in this escapade! I live in Cincinnati so there's no shortage of storms here. That second photo is freakin' amazing. I love how it captures the sheer velocity of the bolt.
Thanks! The second photo was one of the shots I got where I felt slightly uncomfortable taking the photos (it happens sometimes) That particular shot I felt like I was coming right for me. I am all for getting photos of lightning, and do REALLY stupid things to get those shots

But I do have my limits, and shortly after that, there was some serious cloud to ground, and I found myself walking back home close to trees so I was not the tallest object around so I was able to make it to my driveway.
I am blessed with having a HUGE park across the street from me that has a good view N S E and W for photos.... but some of those shots are taken in the middle of a field.. standing in water LOL

long story short.. dont do what I do.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:52 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Do you use an aluminum or carbon fiber tripod. If you do I hope it is with a wireless trigger. I'll tell you thesame they tell all the young dudes in West Hollywood. Play safe

Old 05-10-2014, 08:02 PM
BF Veteran

aluminum old school, I would have to pay over 100+ for a tripod to support the weight of the camera.

and of course a wireless trigger, dont want any chance of the camera moving from me pushing the shutter release.

I usually play it pretty safe and make sure I am not the tallest object around, sometimes I do some stupid things, but, getting struck by lightning is not too high on my bucket list LOL