Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Jeep Info...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 09:32 AM
go chevy is on a distinguished road
Default Jeep Info...

My wife is finally tired of her Ford Taurus ( YESSSSS ) She wants a Jeep now... Either a Wrangler or a Rubicon she said. I know nothing about them so that is why I am making this Thread... She hates cold weather so I told her she would want a hard top instead of the soft top. She wants a soft top so she can "be bop" around town in warm weather lol... Am I wrong telling her that these newer soft top Jeeps will freeze her out? She also agreed for a 4x4 auto since she loved my Blazer in the winter Any tips or thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Old 03-19-2019, 10:09 AM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road

Soft top not really an issue, the interior is not that big and heat output exceeds loss. Sister has Wrangler in Chicago suburbs and never been a issue. Maintenance of the soft top the bigger issue. Her’s is 2008 and she has replaced the top once and its about ready to be replaced again. Maybe its the area she lives in but apparently keeping the top from splits and tears ticking her off and she said rather have a hard removable one next time even if its a bit more involved to remove.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Trukntigger
Soft top not really an issue, the interior is not that big and heat output exceeds loss. Sister has Wrangler in Chicago suburbs and never been a issue. Maintenance of the soft top the bigger issue. Her’s is 2008 and she has replaced the top once and its about ready to be replaced again. Maybe its the area she lives in but apparently keeping the top from splits and tears ticking her off and she said rather have a hard removable one next time even if its a bit more involved to remove.
Thanks for the reply! Chicago gets much colder than where I live so heat loss would work I guess... I was kinda thinking buy her a hard top now and come late spring, early summer just buy her a soft top until late fall...

Old 03-19-2019, 12:33 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

I owned a '97 with a hardtop for years. It was pretty easy to take the top and doors off, and I left it like that every summer. The worst part about Jeeps, IMO (especially 2-doors) is that there just isn't much room inside for cargo. Even with the back seat permanently removed, it's pretty hard to fit a weekend worth of camping gear in it.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tom A
I owned a '97 with a hardtop for years. It was pretty easy to take the top and doors off, and I left it like that every summer. The worst part about Jeeps, IMO (especially 2-doors) is that there just isn't much room inside for cargo. Even with the back seat permanently removed, it's pretty hard to fit a weekend worth of camping gear in it.
Thanks for the reply... She wants a 2 door, it will just be her everyday driver back and forth to work so room won't really be an issue for her. As long as she can throw a couple bags of groceries in the back she said she would be fine... She made me laugh though, she said she would keep the doors on because she would be afraid on falling out of it taking a corner lolllll.... I said " you always wear your seat belt, and you have your hands on the wheel, right? She said yes, I said how you gonna fall out then? "... She looked at me with a grin and said " well, maybe after I get use to having the top off I might take the doors off "... Now, back off and leave me alone she said lol

Old 03-26-2019, 10:20 AM

My wife is like the funniest woman without really meaning to be in the moment... We have been kinda shopping around for her a Jeep. We were talking and she said, " well, I could get use to driving a car with no doors on it I guess. Then she made a funny face and said, wait, what if someone steals it when I am at the store or something... I lost it and busted out laughing and said honey, if you already have the top off the thing I don't think locking your doors would stop them "..... She just looked at me for a few seconds and said " hummm, good point you have there " with a huge grin