The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Might be picking up a new ride... So hard to choose!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 07:51 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to agree as well. You already know your truck and selling it and buying something you know absolutly nothing about to load and and drive across country (Im guessing at least a 1500 mile trip) would be completly dumb. If you can talk her into it give your truck a good tune up change the fluids ect ect.

BTW please god do not by a Range Rover. You will be wanting to blow it up within the first week I can almost guarantee it. Unless its brandnew RR I wouldnt even consider it.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

Yeah, based on these comments, I think I'll go with the Jimmy since I have to choose.

The only things that are wrong with my car is that it needs front tires, an alignment, and the back glass and tailgate replaced. I definately trust that car, but Mom says that since Dad won't fix the damage he did, she won't either. I haven't been able to get a job to pay for it, and since we're probably moving sometime next week/the following week, it's useless for me to try to find one now. I'll just have to keep fighting her, but if I have to choose, I think I'll go with the Jimmy.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:58 AM

Not to start with any drama but at this point I dont think it will benifit you at all to fight her. Do as she asks for now and deal with it later.

Go with the Jimmy if you have to that way you atleast already have an idea of what could go wrong since you arleady have owned one of these trucks.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:02 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

dude get a job and move as far away from your crazy *** family as possible

Old 02-16-2011, 09:18 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

^^^ ^^^
truer words are seldom spoken

Old 02-16-2011, 09:22 AM

Guys I say lets not open that can of worms. This thread will end up closed like his others when hes just asking for advice about buying cars here. Not to sound like a jackass or anything but its not fair to Jake when he just wants advice about buying another ride not his family.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:58 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*Let's keep this discussion limited to the vehicle decisions.*

Old 02-16-2011, 01:10 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cochran07
Guys I say lets not open that can of worms. This thread will end up closed like his others when hes just asking for advice about buying cars here. Not to sound like a jackass or anything but its not fair to Jake when he just wants advice about buying another ride not his family.
THIS

Originally Posted by rriddle3
*Let's keep this discussion limited to the vehicle decisions.*
And This or course...

We've already been down the road that blazinloud is opening up, we won't be treading down that road again. Sometimes it's better to just cooperate, I'm sure there's an ulterior motive to not having your Blazer fixed, and it may even be a good one.

Just listen to your mom Jake, ditch Neko (it hurst I know) and go pick up that Jimmy if you can.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by oktain

Just listen to your mom Jake, ditch Neko (it hurst I know) and go pick up that Jimmy if you can.
Woah, Neko's got a hurst?!? JK, but yeah, the Jimmy sounds like your best option IMO.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

The Jimmy's what I'm going with, then, if they don't sell it before we can get out there. It turns out that the car dealership is owned by a relative of a friend of mine. He says (as a friend, not a car dealer), that the Jimmy is a great car and that I should get it. It also turns out that the "Range Rover" is really an Isuzu Trooper that really looks like a Range Rover from 50 feet away behind a fence and another truck.

Anyway, I have to sell Neko before we can get it. Anyone wanna buy? I'm asking $500. I don't wanna post on Craigslist because I don't just trust anyone. I'm pretty sure one of you guys will take good care of her.

Last edited by JTalley; 02-16-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Might be picking up a new ride... So hard to choose!!!