Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Might be picking up a new ride... So hard to choose!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 01:05 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

brother, you really, really need to get away from all of your family.

i know the history of your other thread, so no need to answer my statement.

Originally Posted by JTalley
I thought of giving it to my best friend for $200, but Mom refuses to let me sell it for less than $400. The problem is, the absolute most my friend can afford is $350.
so tell your buddy to show up, cash in hand, and present that to your Mother. if she refuses cash in hand, then there really is another motive she's not telling you.

but honestly, don't be buying a new-to-you vehicle to move far away in. you're just asking for trouble.

why can't you guys just load up all of your s**t in your truck & a trailer, and be on your way? then ditch the truck when you get there?

i know you may like your truck, but seriously, you've had it how long? i still wish i had of pushed the BS legal issue i was having with my Jimmy (that's for another thread, not here) instead of letting it sit while i was sorting it out. still miss that truck to this day. but i owned it for 7 years, and i knew it was @ the point where it wasn't worth it anymore.

move on, let your Mother buy whatever vehicle she wants. save your cash, be a good son, and buy your own vehicle when you can.

take a few last pic's of Neko, post an add, and stash the cash.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:56 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Buy the Range Rover!

Old 02-17-2011, 07:37 AM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road

I personally wouldn't make it more complicated than it is, i'd sell it to a kid fact is Blazers make great first cars, they're decently safe, decently reliable, it's a GM vehicle so it's not going to be easy to fix lol but the 4.3 is a good starter for anybody. If you want the Range Rover you're asking for trouble already, EUro cars = sludge, complications (the expensive kind), and much more.

I'd go for anything from a 96 - 00 blazer, they're decently cheap, have the 2nd gen 4.3 where vortec is more than just a name slapped on an engine.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:49 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Once you're old enough and out on your own you can buy how ever many blazers and jimmy's you want. Right now I'd just listen to mom and tag along across the country.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

Now I'm having trouble finding a buyer... Like Gary said, nobody wants to buy my "hand-painted, poorly aligned, mismatched tire, rear-end damaged, 'hit-and-run' accident truck" for $400. I managed to talk her down a hundred. Barely.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Starting Member

I know you don't like it, but your best bet is craigslist

Old 02-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Slap the thing on Craigslist and let it go. It is just a car, that is it. I just sold my 2000 Camaro SS that I bought with 10k miles on it 3 1/2 years ago. I put so much money, time and sweat into that car. One can only imagine how I felt when I had to man up and sell it to make myself more financially stable. I have come to realize that it was my 3rd Camaro I have had and I know there will be another one waiting for me to buy when I am ready.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

It's on craigslist now...

Old 02-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Starting Member

If i didn't owe my dad 500 bucks for my repairs, i'd eat it up in a heart beat. it proboably won't be up there for long before you get offers

Old 02-17-2011, 12:22 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah this is one of those situations where you just deal with it. There will be other blazers out there man. I know its not neko but it can be neko 2 or whatever. Youll learn to love whatever your next vehicle is and look at it this way. This is the first step to letting an old life go and starting a new life.

Quick Reply: Might be picking up a new ride... So hard to choose!!!