The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

motorcycle riders caution

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 07:16 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Being a fairly new rider I have already had my share dumb encounters from stupid motorist who show no respect for motorcycle riders.I have to say 3 things about dumb car mistakes.Pulling out infront of,turning out infront of you and not giving enough distance behaind you..

Old 05-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
LOL soft and squishy...
and rexazz2.. squids in one way or another. I never liked going fast in a car. But I did other stupid crap.

Back around 1975 I was racing a friends souped up 911 in a rally. I had been told not to do it but I.......forgot. It's one thing to be told not to go into a curve hot and let up on the throttle. RWD cars will drop the nose when you let off the throttle for engine braking. On a Porsche 911, the engine hangs out the back. It will pull weight off the front of the car and the weight of the engine will swing towards the outside of the curve. Oopsie! It took a week before I didn't need a crow bar to go to the bathroom.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:45 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

ol grouch

First time I rode my 1200 Bandit I was making a left turn as the light was changing
An on coming car punched it to run the light
I was mid turn , mid lean and I twisted the throttle into a power wheelie OMG
I got out of the intersection but there was no way I could have fallen off because my butt had a good grip on the seat. LOL

Old 05-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Starting Member
ol' grouch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rexazz2
ol grouch

First time I rode my 1200 Bandit I was making a left turn as the light was changing
An on coming car punched it to run the light
I was mid turn , mid lean and I twisted the throttle into a power wheelie OMG
I got out of the intersection but there was no way I could have fallen off because my butt had a good grip on the seat. LOL

I had a few experiences like that on the Connies I used to ride. I always stop at a light at an angle. If there's nobody behind me, I watch my mirrors until a car or truck is stopped. A couple of times I've goosed the throttle and pulled to the side when a car behind me was going to run the light. I did that once and a State Trooper on the other side of the intersection looked at me when I pulled in the intersection with the light red. I could tell he was going to pull me over but then a pickup blew the light right where I'd been sitting. I didn't get a ticket but he was on that pickup like stink on a backed up toilet.